Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cerrazette? (Mini-Pill)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I kinda hate this pill.. but its not TOO bad

I get head aches from time to time.
I get REAL BAD mood swings.
Spotting sometimes -_-

anyone got any experiences with this pill?

I've heard it can stop your period once u come off :S

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I was on cerazette for about 2/3 years. I had no side effects apart from that it stopped my periods whilst I was on it. When I came off, I had a period about 6/7 weeks later.

But everyone reacts differently to each pill. That's why there are so many choices. If it isn't right then go back to your docs.
  • Options
    But everyone reacts differently to each pill. That's why there are so many choices. If it isn't right then go back to your docs.

:yes: I HATED, hated cerazette, made me go a bit mad for three months, happily on the implant for a year and a half now with no major side effects.
  • Options
    Eek tbh I'd be scared that I was pregnant somehow if my period stops... I'm due on 21st so eek :S

I wouldn't be able to withstand something being put under my skin, ICK my sister has it, apparently its good but like I said ICK!
  • Options
    I'm taking this pill atm and for me it's brilliant! I haven't had a period for over a year now- heaven :D

I keep meaning to make an appt to get the implant (i was put on this pill as a 'trial' to see if it worked, as it has the same hormone as the implant) but i haven't made one yet.
  • Options
    I on it for about 3 months between coming off the injection and having the implant and it was fine for me. Only had one period which was relatively light. Different things affect people differently though :)
  • Options
    I wouldn't be able to withstand something being put under my skin, ICK my sister has it, apparently its good but like I said ICK!

I was like that until I was told I had the choice of implant or coil or nothing hormonal (not really an option in my case) and there is no way whatersoever I'm having a coil.