Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

think i've postedthis twice..but any advice?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone

sorry, most of my posts are very negative, but i guess its easier typing it out that telling someone.

Just wondering if anyone had any idea what i should do about my friend.
We're really close and we always tell each other everything - she knows all about my depression / self harming, my past, everything, and she said I knew everything about her.
But these past few weeks she's been very quiet around me. We've hardly met up and hardly talked. Whenever I try to talk to her, she doesn't say much. I've asked her other friends whether she's seemed off to them, and they said she has.
I tried asking her if everything was okay, and she said that i had my problems and she had hers and that she could deal with them fine, so i said okay but im just worried about you and that i was there if she wanted someone to talk to, and she answered by saying that that was okay but i should stop trying to act like her mum and i shouldnt worry about her. Well i said that i HAD to worry about her, shes my friend and telling me not to worry about her was like not worrying about myself, and that she was a really big part of my life, and she told me that i shouldnt be so dependant on her. She's changed the subject everytime ive asked what was up, so ive just left her for a while and gave her some space, but i just want her to be okay.
She told me it was because of a guy shes been out with and she still likes him a lot but she knows it cant go anywhere. But she said she was pretty much over him and was moving on, which i know was a little bit of a lie, but still she said she was serious, so i think theres something more.

There's loadsa big issues around the subject which i should probably mention but im kinda anxious talking about them, so i'll leave it at that for now.

any idea what i should do next?
because i just want her to be back to normal so we can be how we were before, because that was the best friendship ive ever had.

just let me know if youve got any ideas.

thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes you have posted this twice, so why again? :confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hey, sorry
    i only posted it twice because i thought it hadnt posted the first time =/
    i'm still new to this so sorry if i post more than once, its not on purpose.