Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What's the longest....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...you've gone without Bombing China?

I've never suffered from being backed up before but I haven't been since tuesday now...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try some prunes or Movicol.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    A week some years ago, and I was fine.
    Then a few years after that I went without for 2 days and it made need the toilet and throw up in the street like I was some drunk.
    Exercise helps me, I find that if I've not been to the gym for a day or two I get like this.

Raisins, prunes, movacol and senna could work!
    24 hours maybe, only very rarely though.

Try an energy drink or strong coffee and a fag.
    Am I a poo freak? I very regularly have a dry 2 or 3 day stretch.

My longest was about 10 days. I was in agony. I was on holiday too, in the middle of bloody nowhere, so couldn't get to the chemist, and fresh orange juice was not even touching it. Not to be recommended :(
    i frequently get backed up for more than 5 days at a time, and theres nothing else for it than to take dulcolax...

the longest was nearly 10 days ended up in A&E with faecal impaction and had to be given heavy duty laxatives...
    when i was pregnant i got badly constipated. I couldnt go for days at a time, it was horrible, it made me cry
    13 days and that has just been and gone :( it hurt so much that i almost took myself to a&e (after telling my boyfriend and him freaking out) but thankfully, the next day i had a 'movement' and have since been ok but its not really ok because its like ive got a really upset stomach every morning. ewww, yes.

my advice - don't ever abuse laxatives. my stomach is so fucked up now and im constantly in agony and look pregnant :banghead: :crying: i wake up feeling full and some days cannot eat because it hurts to!
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    Movicol.

my doctor prescribed me this recently as another attempt to sort out my stomach but it made things worse. the stuff helps your stomach bits to retain water and boy, it did that but it didn't help matters. just made me more ridiculously bloated, the pains worse and my stomach made strange noises practically all of the time. :no:

normal laxatives don't even work for me anymore. the only way they work for me is if i take a few boxes.

i just want a nice normal digestive system again please :(
    Fantastic news - as of this morning, mother and baby are doing well :)

:lol: ...made me chuckle!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Hahah good one :D
    Congratulations :)
    are u allergic to wheat? symptoms sound the same
    13 days and that has just been and gone :( it hurt so much that i almost took myself to a&e (after telling my boyfriend and him freaking out) but thankfully, the next day i had a 'movement' and have since been ok but its not really ok because its like ive got a really upset stomach every morning. ewww, yes.

my advice - don't ever abuse laxatives. my stomach is so fucked up now and im constantly in agony and look pregnant :banghead: :crying: i wake up feeling full and some days cannot eat because it hurts to!

my doctor prescribed me this recently as another attempt to sort out my stomach but it made things worse. the stuff helps your stomach bits to retain water and boy, it did that but it didn't help matters. just made me more ridiculously bloated, the pains worse and my stomach made strange noises practically all of the time. :no:

normal laxatives don't even work for me anymore. the only way they work for me is if i take a few boxes.

i just want a nice normal digestive system again please :(

sorry im new to this malarky -

Ha! Glad to hear it :thumb:
    Evenstar wrote: »
    sorry im new to this malarky -

no but i do have ibs so i suppose i could be. as i said in the post earlier though i abused laxatives/messed around with my eating for quite a while just over a year ago and as a result, my digestive system is now fucked. it doesn't work properly. it was fine before i messed about with everything.

op - glad you are sorted :thumb: try and eat lots of fibre so it doesn't happen again/happen too often.
    a couple of weeks, not so long ago.

one of the many shitty (pardon the pun;)) side effects from dealing with anorexia nervosa. my dietitian was getting quite worried.. it was quite a relief when my "shitment" arrived :p

i often have to take laxatives to have a bowel movement.. not something i want to be doing in the long term!