Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sleepin tablets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, im new here

just woundered what the age for sleepin tablets in the uk?

is it 18? if not, whats the "best" ones to buy for a 17 year old?

also, are there any side effects to be wary of?

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Hey, I would go and have a chat with the pharmacist at your chemist- most of the time they are really helpful and can give you good advice about which tablets would be right for you :)
  • Options
    talk to your GP and/or pharmacist

i've been on a number of different ones, including imovane, temazepam, and nitrazepam.. these all lead to dependence

i have also been taking seroquel to help me sleep for a long time (as well as for other reasons), it's an anti-psychotic that can makes you pretty drowsy
  • Options
    Hey isorta :wave:

As this is your first post on The Site - we all wish you a warm welcome! You will hopefully get the advice / support that you are looking for. The boards are well managed and everyone here is really friendly - so keep posting!

As both Skakitty and Guitargirl have said you may want to speak to your GP or Pharmacist - they will advice you professionally. You could also call NHS Direct - they can also give you some advice over the phone.

The Site has a whole load of information pages that have facts, advice, real life accounts and loads of links to other websites and information. You may want to take some time to check these out? Particularly the ones on 'Can't kip', sleeping and tranquillizers.

There are other over-the-counter natural remedy sleeping tablets that can often work well for many people. These coupled with things like lavender oil can make a big difference for some. It will depend on how severe your sleeping problems are.

This is presuming that you are suffering from sleeping problems?

Take care - :)
  • Options
    Dr's will most likely make you make sleeping diaries and practice 'good sleep' which might help, but i guess you may have tried that.
    Like the getting out of bed technique if your still awake within 30mins etc
    Most real good sleepin tablets like, zopiclone, temazepam, nitrazepam are dependent and can have some pretty heft side effects, but i guess depending how sleep deprived you are the side effects wont bother you so much as you'll be so glad to have got some sleep.
  • Options
    hi, sorry its taken this long to reply, id forgotten id put this up here, thanks for the relpies anyway.

i dont want to see a doctor about anything, its not that important, but im looking for something that can help me sleep as my exams are beggining to crop up, and i just want something to knock me out at night.

i still havnt see anyone (chemist ect) and i still dont know if theres a legal age on buying them.

:confused: