Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hate my life

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i cant see the point in life. when ur young u watch disney films and u learn about god and u learn that u will be rich and famous and people will love u and that u live here before u go to heaven by being a good person. but then u find out life isnt like that its about being in perpetual debt and working to live and there is no god u are just a lump of meat and there is no meaning to being here, u just are.

so whats the point? there is no special significance attatched to life but also life isnt all that rosy its actually about doing stuff u don't like to get to the bits u can bear. so where is the incentive?

ive thought about just going into the woods one day and taking a cocktail of spirits and tranquilisers which should put me to sleep restfully, at first it was just an idle thought but now i just keep thinking y not? what is keeping me here?

Comments

• Options
    Er... don't do that. There's lots in life that's good. Sometimes you have to go through a lot of crap to get to the good parts though...

...Life is a rollercoaster you just gotta ride it :D
  • Options
    Do you think there's any reason for why you feel this way?

I can identify with what you're feeling because I used to feel the same way. I still feel that there's not much purpose in life itself but for me what worked was to learn to enjoy the journey and appreciate all that there is to experience while we are here.

My problem was that I didn't enjoy doing much and felt like a chronic underachiever. And why not? There wasn't any point in trying since life was one huge disappointment anyway.
    I did end up seeing a psychologist and after the sessions ended I started a positivity diary. Since then a lot has changed for me and now what motivates me is to reach goals and experience new things. I'm not even in debt and on some level enjoy paying bills. I have become the happy person I knew I would never be able to become.

What are you doing with your life these days?
  • Options
    C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    Hi Charlie :wave:

I'm sorry to hear your feeling like this at the moment.

Life can sometimes feel pointless and extremely difficult for a lot of people, and sometimes to the extent that they want to end their own lives. If you are feeling suicidal, there are lots of people who can help you.

Please speak to the people around you about why you're feeling like this. Your friends and family will be able to give you support and love.

If you do not feel comfortable speaking to those close to you try speaking to your doctor. They will be able to help you directly and enlist the help of other professionals. Please think about calling a crisis line. The Samaritans run a confidential telephone service that's available 24 hours a day. Their number is 08457 90 90 90. Saneline also run a similar service. Their number is 0845 767 8000.

Life has its highs and lows and sometimes the lows can outweigh the highs, but there is always a point to living and I'm sure that your friends and family would agree that you're life certainly isn't pointless and you're extremely significant to them.

Stick in there and I hope you feel better soon. :thumb:
  • Options
    Disney has a lot to answer for.

However, trust me, the world is a far more interesting place as the cruel, unfair sesspit that it is. It'd be horrible if it was like Disney. I'd just wanna throw up all the time.
  • Options
    I feel sad that you feel like this. Jade goody said that when she was diagnosed with terminal cancer that it was the first time she ever appreciated her life. I am currently going through a threatned miscarriage, after having a miscarriage 4 months ago. It's been 10 days of torture, wondering when the bleeding will stop. I have to force myself to see the positive & pray the little one will hang on this time...but all this shit will be forgotten if i have a healthy baby. Sometimes we have to go through a load of crap to get to the good stuff, it's called living. PLease go to see a doctor & get the help you need, we all only have one chance at life. Please look after yourself.
  • Options
    thanku for ur kind comments. the problem is i dont feel mentally sick or ill or think that i am, im being rational about it. like i said ive thought about it before but always stuck thru it "grin and bear it" u know? and things do get better, for a bit... but then they get worse again. and now just weighing things up it seems like well the only reason we bother is cos of the people that love us. got a project at work that im working on with some peeps and feeling really under pressure and i dont feel able to produce and on top of that i dont really like work but i need the money to live but thats it just to "live" i have no money left over at the end of the month for myself or for savings it all gets spent on bills and debts and so i go to a job i feel under a lot of stress at to get money that doesnt even go to me and i dont have the motivation to meet anyone new to give me a fresh perspective i mean i tried but nobody was interested.

i can see from an external perspective i just look like i feel sorry for myself and u kno thats probably right so whats the difference really i dont have any real problems just these little ones that add up that i cant deal with there are people in other countries dying from AIDS or something who find the will to live but me with my little rubbish i cant even find a good reason to get up in the morning. i seem to be missing the hope in my life.
  • Options
    Don't let modern society ruin you. :)
  • Options
    t...im being rational about it. like i said ive thought about it before but always stuck thru it "grin and bear it" u know? and things do get better, for a bit... but then they get worse again. and now just weighing things up it seems like well the only reason we bother is cos of the people that love us. got a project at work that im working on with some peeps and feeling really under pressure and i dont feel able to produce and on top of that i dont really like work but i need the money to live but thats it just to "live" i have no money left over at the end of the month for myself or for savings it all gets spent on bills and debts and so i go to a job i feel under a lot of stress at to get money that doesnt even go to me and i dont have the motivation to meet anyone new to give me a fresh perspective i mean i tried but nobody was interested.

Sorry to hear that you feel like this. Re. the economics side of it, bills probably seem more manageable if you're in the black, but I think debt (and the stress of paying it off by working a job you're not totally happy with) is making your financial situation seem worse at the moment. Just think though, it won't be like this forever. Try to make the maximum repayments and 'grin and bear it' as you say, just for now.

As for a broader, more general view of life, I think you're mistaken to say that life is just about people that love us. Life starts from yourself - learning to love yourself first, which then draws other people towards you and the positive attitude you'll develop. You aren't living for others and to gain their appreciation/respect etc, but for *you*, to find a way to be at peace with yourself. Finding a job you're (for the most part) satisfied with and enjoy is an extension of this - discover what your purpose on this earth is and then go out there and do it. Everyone has a purpose: life is a journey to discovering and then fulfilling it.

Re-reading this I know it sounds deep/philosophical, but it's only one view. You'll work out what life means to you for yourself. All the best x
  • Options
    i cant see the point in life. when ur young u watch disney films and u learn about god and u learn that u will be rich and famous and people will love u and that u live here before u go to heaven by being a good person.

You learn this? :chin:
  • Options
    You are being too hard on yourself, you are only 24. (by your profile). what had I achieved by 24? diddly squat, thats what! I went back to college at 29 & did a degree.The world is your oyster. Onr thing I do know is that it is very difficult to do a job you don't enjoy, so maybe tackle that first.
  • Options
    im 18 and i feel like my life pretty much falls apart around me monthly, thats not really an exaggeration either. im the sort of person that when one thing goes wrong or starts getting bad, the rest follows. there are good patches but i think all the bad outweighs them. if my life is like this at 18 and yours is like that at 24 then id agree what is the point??? BUT like you said, there are people that love us and im sure if we grin and bare it for long enough something will come of it, coz if it dont then life is actually pointless. put a fake smile on your face, if you keep it up for long enough, you may end up believing it or it may turn into a real smile, you dont no unless you keep at it and try.

chin up :)
  • Options
    Whenever life gets you down, Mrs. Brown,
    And things seem hard or tough,
    And people are stupid, obnoxious or daft,
    And you feel that you've had quite eno-o-o-o-o-ough,

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
    And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour.
    Thas orbiting at ninety miles a second, so it's reckoned,
    A sun that is the source of all our power.
    The sun, and you and me, and all the stars that we can see,
    Are moving at a million miles a day,
    In an outer spiral arm, at forty thousand miles an hour,
    Of a galaxy we call the Milky Way.

Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars;
    It's a hundred thousand light-years side to side;
    It bulges in the middle sixteen thousand light-years thick,
    But out by us it's just three thousand light-years wide.
    We're thirty thousand light-years from Galactic Central Point,
    We go 'round every two hundred million years;
    And our galaxy itself is only one of millions of billions
    In this amazing and expanding universe.

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding,
    In all of the directions it can whiz;
    As fast as it can go, the speed of light, you know,
    Twelve million miles a minute and that's the fastest speed there is.
    So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
    How amazingly unlikely is your birth; heya
    And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space,
    'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!
  • Options
    cullen90 wrote: »
    im 18 and i feel like my life pretty much falls apart around me monthly, thats not really an exaggeration either. im the sort of person that when one thing goes wrong or starts getting bad, the rest follows. there are good patches but i think all the bad outweighs them. if my life is like this at 18 and yours is like that at 24 then id agree what is the point??? BUT like you said, there are people that love us and im sure if we grin and bare it for long enough something will come of it, coz if it dont then life is actually pointless. put a fake smile on your face, if you keep it up for long enough, you may end up believing it or it may turn into a real smile, you dont no unless you keep at it and try.

chin up :)

this is what i was thinkin like, its all just pretend. maybe the reason we bother is not because there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow - bt becos we are scared of the alternative.