Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Media should pretend Berlusconi is not a twat...

This was one of the big clips on YouTube a few days ago. At the G20 talking shop, Silvio Berlusconi, the Italian's very own Prime Mentalist, wanted to talk to the "sun-tanned" President of the USA. In an attempt to get his attention, he started shouting "Messrs Obama". Obama himself merely said "Mr Berlusconi" quietly in order to shut the attention-seeking prat up. This resulted in Berlusconi getting a well-deserved bollocking from The Queen. Hilarious.

So how does Berlusconi respond to this? Perhaps by showing some humility or taking some STFU medicine? Not a chance. Instead, he made this rant at the Italian media: "I will no longer talk to you. I am working for Italy while you work against it. I will no longer give news conferences... Enough with this. Go to the devil! This is slander towards me and disinformation to newspaper readers. I don't want to say that I'm calling for direct and tough action towards certain newspapers and members of the press. But frankly I'm tempted. One shouldn't behave like this.".

What a cocktrumpet. :rolleyes:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Berlusconi in wanker shocker. The most corrupt politician in the western world strikes again.

Not really politics, but it amused me how all of the UK journalists crawled up his arse and made a little home during the whole Kaka affair. Making him out as someone who had Kaka's best interests at heart, when the first sign of a few Euros wafted under his nose had him practically strapping a for sale sign around his neck. When it turned out he wasn't interested in the move, he makes out that he never wanted to sell him, and all of the UK newspapers print that.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    This was one of the big clips on YouTube a few days ago. At the G20 talking shop, Silvio Berlusconi, the Italian's very own Prime Mentalist, wanted to talk to the "sun-tanned" President of the USA. In an attempt to get his attention, he started shouting "Messrs Obama". Obama himself merely said "Mr Berlusconi" quietly in order to shut the attention-seeking prat up. This resulted in Berlusconi getting a well-deserved bollocking from The Queen. Hilarious.

So how does Berlusconi respond to this? Perhaps by showing some humility or taking some STFU medicine? Not a chance. Instead, he made this rant at the Italian media: "I will no longer talk to you. I am working for Italy while you work against it. I will no longer give news conferences... Enough with this. Go to the devil! This is slander towards me and disinformation to newspaper readers. I don't want to say that I'm calling for direct and tough action towards certain newspapers and members of the press. But frankly I'm tempted. One shouldn't behave like this.".

What a cocktrumpet. :rolleyes:
    :hyper: He is ridiculous... Offshore Banking in Bahamas
  • Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    I found the lack of sympathy in his camping comment even more shocking.
    Is it wrong to suggest that only a country with endemic corruption could tolerate such a man?
    I find him thoroughly entertaining.
    Is it wrong to suggest that only a country with endemic corruption could tolerate such a man?
    Or even deserve such a man...

To elect such a corrupt, semi-fascist, homophobic scumbag once may be regarded as a misfortune; to do it twice certainly looks like carelessness.