Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fareham,Portsmouth,Southampton

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey all!

I live in Portsmouth/Fareham/Southampton area

I'm turning 18 soon, and I wanna know of any good pubs and clubs!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Hey all!

I live in Portsmouth/Fareham/Southampton area

I'm turning 18 soon, and I wanna know of any good pubs and clubs!!

That's quite a big area.
    Portsmouth's a dump and full of holligans. Don't go there.
    Southampton is alright except for Bedford place - which is full of pretentious student wanker types.

Best off going to Bournemouth.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I just like live in that area, so it's kinda easier for me to go to somewhere local, there are twatty chavs etc but I was hoping some people would know of some places where not all the nob heads go
    I'd also say Bournemouth.

Pompey is a dump, a cesspool, and the sooner it's cut off from civilisation and allowed to float into the Atlantic, the better. And they've got a crap football team in a stadium that's held together with sticky tape and collective will.

Southampton is a good night occasionally. The Hobgoblin and The Joiners are good nights, though generally it's a bit crappy. Bournemouth is the place to go.

Winchester is also a cracking night out, but only because I can walk home to the 'rents afterwards :D
    I agree with Skive and Thunderstruck. Bournemouth is the place to go, loats of good Hardcore and D'n'B raves there. Check out the Slammin' Vinyl website.
    I've got mates at uni in Portsmouth and Southampton, they reckon the nightlife is good but a bit cheesy.
    Winchester is also a cracking night out, but only because I can walk home to the 'rents afterwards :D

talking of Winchester the Slug and Lettuce is meant to be good if thats not far out?
    hey

i moved 2 pompey three weeks ago, love it there. I like going out in liquid and envy, can somethings be full of chavs though but that don't tend to bother me really.

it also depends what sort of music ur into. if you like drum n bass there are some good nights coming up soon.

tiger tiger is ok, well expensive tho. x
    talking of Winchester the Slug and Lettuce is meant to be good if thats not far out?

Well it overlooks the Cathedral so you can't get more central. Other than that, it's a toilet. One of those generic chain, wannabe-upmarket gastro pubs with no soul or atmosphere.

Shame, as Winchester has some of the best pubs I've ever been to. Try the Wykeham Arms (and visit my old school next door), the Railway Inn, the Old Market Inn or The Exchange.
    Scandalsssss!!!!!!!