Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

GP but under 18

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i went to see my GP today, but im under 18. i told him what id been feeling and thinking and he sat and listened and typed stuff. he then told me that he couldnt acctually do anything for me because im under 18...

im going somewhere tomorrow, i dont know what it is, but i think he called it "crisis mannagement" (dont quote me on that)...

what is it and whats likly to happen to me? and what is it im going to? does anyone know?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Mort of Life

It's difficult to say for certain where you stand in the eyes of the law as you are under 18 - for some concrete advice call the NHS Direct (0845 46 47), or visit their website - they will be able to give you more advice.

You may also want to check out our 'GP The Alternatives' page here at the site, that too has some links to some relevant sites for you.

If you are unsure of what is happening tomorrow, then you may want to call you GP first thing in the morning and speak to someone, and get the answers to your questions. It's important that you understand what is likely to happen. It sound's like there will be someone that you can talk to about the problems that you have mentioned to your GP, someone professional that can help to you to look at options, but it's best to ask your GP for exact details.

Hope this helps, good luck tomorrow and keep posting to let us know how you get on.

:):)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it was some out patients thingy and they asked me lots of questions. i dont know what to make of it, but the woman seemed a little like "cheer up". she asked about my family, and then some other stuff like drugs and stuff...

iv got a meeting with a psyciatrist or someone next friday. spose the best thing was that they asked if there was anything i didnt want to do, which included counceling, but overall, it couldve gone worse...

apparently that crisis thing is a number i can ring if im in an emergency. its a "crisis team". god knows what that means. i told her i wont use it and i dont intend to.

and treatment i might get is antidepressants... and if i do itll be prozac... dont know what i make of that either...