Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stole My Picture

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have put a book on ebay, taken on my PC desk, and I was looking at the other books that were for sale, and someone has had the cheek to use MY picture that I took as their picture to advertise their book for sale. That's really annoyed me. I want to report them to ebay but I doubt people report such things :mad:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aslong as you can rack up evidence against him then you should go ahead with it.
    Aslong as you can rack up evidence against him then you should go ahead with it.

I've sent them a message telling them they are rude and that it is a misrepresentation and a sale by description under Section 13 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 which buyers are relying on and the picture obviously does not represent their item as it is mine! So I have given them till tomorrow to sort it out or I will report them. (Not that I have a clue how to do that!).
    Yeah, I tend not to go near products without pictures.

But using a false image too! That makes it worse!
    squeal wrote: »
    I've sent them a message telling them they are rude and that it is a misrepresentation and a sale by description under Section 13 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 which buyers are relying on and the picture obviously does not represent their item as it is mine! So I have given them till tomorrow to sort it out or I will report them. (Not that I have a clue how to do that!).

It's one of the the things that ebay are really quick to deal with. You can report it the same way you'd report something that would be illegal - at the bottom of the item, before the footer you'll see the 'report this item' option

They will then simply remove the item from sale. It's worth pointing out that the seller, if the item has been bid on, won't be able to change the image - at least if I remember correctly.
    Thanks JimV, just got up anyhow and checked ebay, had a reply from the seller. He said "You clearly have far too much time on your hands- picture removed". :lol:

Maybe I have, but just for that split second it annoyed me, anyway at least it's removed :)
    He said "You clearly have far too much time on your hands- picture removed".

You should had responded "You clearly don't have enough time on your hands."
    Monserrat wrote: »
    You should had responded "You clearly don't have enough time on your hands."

I would but I don't want to start an argument. I'm too scared :p
    I would but I don't want to start an argument. I'm too scared :p

Go on, I dare you!:D
    CoolMe wrote: »
    Go on, I dare you!:D

I am not susceptible to peer pressure :p
    Ooops! I often 'borrow' pics from other selllers. I didn't realise anyone would mind. They're hardly artistic. But if that's what a seller feels, I'll stop. :blush:
    If it's the stock photo that had been recycled then it wouldn't bother me. Having your own photo used without credit is equivelent to having your school homework copied by another student.
    Monserrat wrote: »
    If it's the stock photo that had been recycled then it wouldn't bother me. Having your own photo used without credit is equivelent to having your school homework copied by another student.

That's exactly what I said when the OH said I was being petty. I said I took my time taking it and uploading it etc and someone just right clicked and copied it in seconds, it's like you working on an assignment all week and someone just copying it in one day and handing it in.
    Teagan wrote: »
    Ooops! I often 'borrow' pics from other selllers. I didn't realise anyone would mind. They're hardly artistic. But if that's what a seller feels, I'll stop. :blush:

Shame on you!! :p

I doubt that many sellers would notice though.
    The other factor is that the image on an ebay sale is an important way to judge the quality or legitimacy of an item. If someone is using a completely stock image then it would make me slightly wary, whereas using a picture they've taken themselves means you're sure they own the item.

If someone is grabbign other people's images then it looks more legit than it really should...