Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

the new snoop on your neighbours adverts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what a load of crap quite frankly

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/apr/03/security-terrorism

there's a reason we had the keep calm and carry on on ones 65 years ago

thankfully some good spoofs up now
http://craphound.com/images/3382496125_57d345353b.jpg
http://craphound.com/images/police-terror_cctv.jpg

best one is http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3548/3385241746_0e9127113b_b.jpg thus far

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They can fuck right off. I think I'd rather be blown to pieces than live in such society...
    I do like how we're giving all our ideas away to the people who could make best use of them lol.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    I do like how we're giving all our ideas away to the people who could make best use of them lol.
    I did think that as well. If I were intent on building a bomb the poster would have proven a very useful reminder not to leave my empty chemicals bottles in plain view.

Twats :D
    I quite liked the contrast to the posters they used in WW2:

Keep-Calm-and-Carry-On-Or-003.jpg
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I quite liked the contrast to the posters they used in WW2:

Keep-Calm-and-Carry-On-Or-003.jpg
    Indeed. And they were being terrorised and bombed on a daily basis and on a scale that, without being disrespectul, makes the 7/7 attacks look like a kindergarten scrap.

Those still alive who lived through WWII must think we are a generation of fucking idiots.
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Those still alive who lived through WWII must think we are a generation of fucking idiots.
    You've been reading the Daily Mail again on the way to work, haven't you? :p

Mind you, it's correct. Another example - when London was caked under with snow a few weeks ago, the hugely over-rated Mayor of that city couldn't even keep the buses running! If this was the middle of World War 2, Adolf Hitler would have pissed himself in laughter. Would he have called off the next airstrike on London because they were having snow blizzards? Not fucking likely!
    SG the snow was pretty exceptional tho :p

But yea I think it's all about scaremongering so we vote for the political party that can 'protect' us.

I want to vote for party that will 'protect' us from the government and their increasing limitations of our civil liberties. As someone put it, we are not granted rights, we are born as human beings with rights. Therefore the establishment is only able to remove our rights by imposing laws and restrictions on our activities.

It has got to such a stage where they expect people to be complicit in their own 'imprisonment' these days.

"Does your friend exhibit anti government feelings? Do they like to protest? Report them now to the anti terror squad!"
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    SG the snow was pretty exceptional tho :p
    Exceptional, my arse. Countless other countries around the world get snow, yet they seem able to carry on exactly as normal. Ask the Americans, the Canadians, the Russians... Putin certainly wouldn't allow his country to become the world's laughing stock over a few inches of snow.

Boris Johnson deserved to have a red hot poker shoved up his arse after that startling display of incompetence.
    Difference is in those areas if they get that kind of snow every year then they will have snow chains and snow ploughs and 4x4s with big tyres etc. lol
    Though the stiff upper lip only existed in films - plenty of examples of panic, accidental shootings and nuns got arrested on a daily basis on the suspision they were nazi spys.