Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Going for an interview, what have you had to do?

Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
Hiya,

I'm looking for some examples of things people have been required to doas part of a job interview. For example, have you had to make a presention, complete a verbal reasoning test or do a roleplay? Have you had prepare some written work or review a report?

I'm writing an article on things you might be expected to do as part of an interview and would like some case studies etc.

Drop them below, or Private Message me. Let me know if you'd be happy to be interviewed for the article?

Cheers,

Olly

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've only been to retail interviews so they don't tend to be too complicated...

But I've had to do a simple maths exercise in one.

In another I was left alone for 5 minutes with a peice of paper and a pen and told to think of a fictional character that I was most like and explain why... I could use anything in the room as an aid to tell the interviewers about it when they came back. That was very weird. And I really wasn't expecting it so my mind went totally blank. :nervous:
  • Options
    The last interview panel I sat on, we made people do a typing / Excel test to check for computer skills and attention to detail.

In interviews before, we tested responses to scenarios.
  • Options
    The last job interview i went to was a group interview and lasted for a whole day.

They gave us tasks and then kicked out the people that hadnt passed after each section, it was quite surreal really, a bit like being in an episode of the ex factor.
    Incase you wanted to know specifics, it went :-

maths test
    english test
    customer service test.
    They then did a group task on sales.
    An individual presentation for 10 min that they had sent you the brief for a week before.
    And finaly a 1 to 1 interview

i think if i hadnt been so nervous then i would have enjoyed it. It was very intense tho
  • Options
    I work for a large Engineering firm and I started as an apprentice and that went along the lines of :

Engineering Aptiude Tests
    Maths+English Tests
    1 to 1 Interview

Then once I came out of my time it was:
    6 Person Panel Interview.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    The last interview I had, I had to do a 10 minute presentation on a choice of four topics, I had a week to prepare though.