Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling awkward

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I apologize if at first I cannot explain myself....it's just that I recently got a job, and I don't know anything about it...it's been 3 weeks now and I'm still a newbie....:(

After my first day I got this terrible migraine which made me go to the ER at 4 am because I felt like passing out, so I missed my second day....and since then I feel strange like... I don't feel like eating, I'm thinking about failing more than usual, and actually I feel worn out so easily it's scary... yesterday I was thinking I'd do better and oh! surprise my boss said I was doing everything wrong!

I'm trying to save some money because I want to go to Poland to meet my bf (our anniversary is in a month =) ) so it's the main reason I need the job, but for some reason it seems so hard.... :nervous: although I know I'm capable of achieving what I've set my mind to, these events are making me feel I'm not good enough...

If any of you understood something of what I just wrote (I'm really confused) I'd appreciate your words about it, thanks

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi June, are things going any better? Is there anything else happening in your life which is contributing to you feeling stressed? It can take time to settle into a new job, so it's understandable that you're feeling scared and anxious. I can't help thinking your manager could be a bit more understanding, does s/he know about the migraines and ER? I would suggest having a word with them. You seem committed enough to doing well, otherwise you wouldn't be so stressed. Maybe because s/he doesn't really know much about you and that you're finding things difficult at the moment, they're not able to be supportive as maybe they could be.

Hope you feel better soon :)