Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Southampton F.C.

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/7976473.stm
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Yeah.. it's not looking good. :( Everyone here in the office is pretty down about it! Well, all the home supporters are anyway.. Everyone who supports other teams are (mostly) getting right in there with the mickey taking.

I really hope the situation gets better, somehow!!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Trust me, I know how it feels for your team to be in the shit, hopefully they can get out of it!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Devo.

I don't really like thinking about it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JsT wrote: »
    Trust me, I know how it feels for your team to be in the shit, hopefully they can get out of it!

Yup... it sucks big time. You'll get through it though. Like Leeds, Southampton is a big club.
    Interesting that the FL haven't put a points penalty in place. That really does stink, given what's happened down the road at Bournemouth. But then the FL never were very good at being consistent, giving Luton twice the penalty that Master Bates got for his dubious accounting got was disgusting as well.

I hope you get out of it but I expect many more clubs to be going bump in the next few years. Mostly those with expensive debts mortgaged onto new stadiums, sadly.
    It's always a shame when any team goes under (unless it was Man U :) ), but I can see more teams heading the same way. Big teams aswell....shame.

It also makes you wonder if the leagues will split, go their seperate ways and end up with two football associations. The teams at the top are getting richer through foreign investment and the teams below simply can't compete.

I support Liverpool and its good for us that we can attract the bigger names and pay excessive wages, but I also support football and something has to change before the game is killed off. :nervous:
    Kermit wrote: »
    Interesting that the FL haven't put a points penalty in place. That really does stink, given what's happened down the road at Bournemouth. But then the FL never were very good at being consistent, giving Luton twice the penalty that Master Bates got for his dubious accounting got was disgusting as well.

Apparently, they're getting a 10 point deduction at the start of next season?
    myself and fellow burnley fans actually felt sorry for them up until they played us when they went down. The way they acted was horrible. Good riddance.

Fair enough its tough, but there is no need to attack the away fans with coins and flares especially after people had contributed to your fund. :no:

i hear there were a few Portsmouth fans in with the clarets tho, which prob didnt help, but still no excuse
    myself and fellow burnley fans actually felt sorry for them up until they played us when they went down. The way they acted was horrible. Good riddance.

Fair enough its tough, but there is no need to attack the away fans with coins and flares especially after people had contributed to your fund.

i hear there were a few Portsmouth fans in with the clarets tho, which prob didnt help, but still no excuse

mmm as a Saints fan I'm not surprised - I used to do the first aid at that ground and some of the idiots that get in the Northam End just make us look bad.

Also, the good people of Southampton have their priorities totally mangled and have done for years. People are losing their jobs left, right and center; the local hospice is down 2.4m after the Icelandic financial collapse - and yet we've all got money to put into the 'Save our Saints' campaign, which succeeded in paying the players wages for one more week.

Because none of the ungrateful cunts would take a pay cut for even a week, even a partial one.

Le Tiss wouldn't have taken money off the supporters like that, nor would Dodsy.

Saints are dead, and I'm waiting for the AFC to emerge from the Ashes.