Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Inferiority complexes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone get inferiority complexes with certain food types? Or inexplicable paranoia/suspicions?

Foods with a certain consistency make me nervous, the main culprits being semolina/custard. :o

Anyone else unreasonable with onions? Distressed by duck? Agitated by apples?

:nervous:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    z0ma wrote: »
    Does anyone get inferiority complexes with certain food types? Or inexplicable paranoia/suspicions?

Foods with a certain consistency make me nervous, the main culprits being semolina/custard. :o

Anyone else unreasonable with onions? Distressed by duck? Agitated by apples?

:nervous:

Panic striken by riced pudding for some reason.
    Anything with a horrible or lumpy texture really stresses me out. I'm very aware of the textures of my food.

I get really upset at bread and butter, when it goes all mushy and sticks to your teeth. When kids eat their sandwiches with their mouths open I actually want to be sick. :sour:
    I can eat onions if they're chopped up or small, big chunky slices are a no no for some weird reason.

Tomatoes and Peppers? Neep.

Will eat most other things though.
    I can't even be in the same room as celery. Evil evil vegetable!
    tomato skins...
    Not really no. I LOVE food... like my sister doesn't like mushrooms because of their texture not the taste - whereas I just think that's part of the wonderfulness of the experience of eating a mushroom.

The only thing that bothers me sometimes is eating seafood... I avoid it at restaurants usually incase it hasn't been cooked properly... Probably just slight paranoia.

I'd love to try steak tartar, but I know a lot of people are funny about that cos of it being raw.