Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

We're falling apart...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friend and I only met a few months ago, and our friendship has been really strong since day one. We've been through ALOT together, suicide attempts and so on, but recently we seem to argue, and spent half our time in silence. We both recognise that it's happening but neither of us know what to do about it. I don't want to lose her, because she's the closest person to me, but am i being selfish for keeping her here? It'll actually break my heart if we stop talking, I love her too much and i'm scared.

What do I do? :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try to not get yourself too upset. Everybody argues! You are probably very similar in personality- hence the strong bond. Do you spend alot of time together? Sometimes spending alot of time with someone- no matter how well you get on- will lead to some fight or another. Try to make up as quickly as possible. You need to talk to each other more. It may be uncomfortable at first, but you may be glad if ye can both get things off your chests? Good luck!
    NavyBlue wrote: »
    Try to not get yourself too upset. Everybody argues! You are probably very similar in personality- hence the strong bond. Do you spend alot of time together? Sometimes spending alot of time with someone- no matter how well you get on- will lead to some fight or another. Try to make up as quickly as possible. You need to talk to each other more. It may be uncomfortable at first, but you may be glad if ye can both get things off your chests? Good luck!

Thanks,
    Yes we spend alot of time together, and we do talk. Sometimes I think we are too honest with each other, but if i tell her what is bothering me, and she does the same, how to we resolve it? Thats the tricky part..
    Okay so we've talked. It still doesn't feel different, so we've decided to spend some time apart, even just for a few days, a few weeks at most (I hope). Is this the right thing to do?
    I'm hoping so, hoping that everything will sort itself out, if we both have time to sort ourselves out and stuff.
    well, they do say the absence makes the heart grow fonder and I think that in a real relationship you both need your time/space away from each other. I do not like being away from my husband but then again I enjoy time on my own....when he is not bothering me hehehe. Talking is always good and I believe it always hard to resolve problems but you could try to compromise. There is nothing wrong with airing our views or problems with other and if we are not happy with something then it is good to get it out in the open. Nothing wrong either with being honest...I would rather my husband be honest with me than to lie to me...lying always catches up with you after all.
    So the time apart will be good and then see what happens?
    becks27 wrote: »
    well, they do say the absence makes the heart grow fonder and I think that in a real relationship you both need your time/space away from each other. I do not like being away from my husband but then again I enjoy time on my own....when he is not bothering me hehehe. Talking is always good and I believe it always hard to resolve problems but you could try to compromise. There is nothing wrong with airing our views or problems with other and if we are not happy with something then it is good to get it out in the open. Nothing wrong either with being honest...I would rather my husband be honest with me than to lie to me...lying always catches up with you after all.
    So the time apart will be good and then see what happens?

We tried today, and it didnt work. She woke up and drank all day, was almost hit by a car and was ready to kill herself, my other friend told me everything, she told me because she was throwing up when she thought about me. I actually cried on the phone when I found out. So I text her, I couldn't do anything else. I'm not sure what'll happen now, but apparently time apart is NOT a good idea for us :( I hate not knowing what to do.