Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

so alone and no one to help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A year and a half ago i stopped hurting myself after doing it since i was 11i had also tryed to take my own life and ended up in hospital. I then met my partner and i told him about it he said if i get help he will stand by me, so i went to the doctors and the doctor laughed at me, gave me a lecture about hurting myself and told me to get out, so i told my partner what had happened and he helped me stop it was really hard but i did it..

But now i am going back to the way i was i am having the same feelings and thought i have again told my partner, an he said he is going to support me and help me. I dont feel i can not go to my doctor because of it because of what happened last time, but my partner cannot understand that. But he is also one of the reasons i am going back to the way i was.

Am lost alone i dont know what to do..what scares me more is i dont know i am doing what i do until after.

can anyone please help!!

Comments

• Options
    have you considered going to a different doctor? if you don't feel comfortable seeing the one you saw last time then you can ask to see a different one at your practice, or you could go to a different surgery altogether. don't give up on getting help just because of one bad experience.

there are other places to find support too, like the Samaritans.

you don't have to do any of this on your own.
  • Options
    There are a lot of doctors out there that take a special interest in mental health, or are generally nice people- i had one at my ol practice, she arranged time off work for me, called the crisis team, took the time to talk to me etc she was amazing.
  • Options
    re

Hi there hiddenxxsecrets,:)

Thanks for sharing your concerns with the forum. Sorry to hear to you've had such a negative experience with your GP, as omg hi has said you can change your GP if you feel your not getting the help that you would like.
    You've also mentioned that although your partner has helped you in the past with your self harm but he is also contributing to your feelings, have you considered talking to someone neutral like a counsellor about your feelings? there are many myths about mental health and counsellors who diagnose and label which is not always the case. Counsellors can provide a neutral, open confidential way to explore your feelings. if your not feeling up to accessing counselling through your GP there are many voluntary and youth organisations whom you can access without your GP

i hope this helps

keep posting:wave:
  • Options
    thank you everyone for your replies.

I would go to another docotor but they are all the same..and i have seen counsellors before and they did help alot...i went through one with the hospital but they only gave me 6 sessions and i didnt feel that it helped because i needed more which maybe the reason for me going back again.

where would i find information about voluntary and youth organisations??

thank you every one for your support its helped me :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

where would i find information about voluntary and youth organisations??

thank you every one for your support its helped me :)

Hey hiddenxxsecrets,
    Here's a list of support groups and websites that you may find helpful as a starting point.

It sounds like you've had a really tough time with doctors in the past, but just to reassure you, there are lots of gps who really won't be that judgemental and so maybe it's worth looking into switching? Check out our factsheet on GPs: the alternatives for some advice on this.

I'm sorry to read how upset you've been feeling in your latest thread and hope some of this helps a little. :)