Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ugh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel so fucking shitty it's unreal.

Why do people treat me like shit?
Why do i take the shit?
Why am I not good enough?
What's wrong with me?

FFS!

Am i that worthless for this shit to happen? Sorry I just needed to vent!

Comments

• Options
    Feel free to expand. I'll be here for a little while yet, inbetween watching Red Dwarf on Youtube. :)
  • Options
    My friends bitch about me, however I don't think it's happening as much now.
    I've completely fallen out with one of my friend that majorly bitched about me. We're on the same course at college, we go with the same group for dinner which is awkward.

Anyway, I thought I was inlove with this other guy at College. I've liked him for over a year and 1/2. We've been out together twice. Ever since he started getting close to this guy that is now his best mate, he's been acting like a complete dickhead. He got bullied in High School, so I guess he's only been like this to have friends. His best mate is quite good looking and has a good looking girlfriend. He expects (the guy i like) to have a fit girlfriend also.
    He never approved of the two of us going out, he never said it but it was clearly obvious.
    I've asked him back out on many ocassions but he said no, only see you as a friend. He only seems to try and get with those skinny blondes (which he doesn't get). He's triyng to impress his best friend so much, I'm not good enough for him. If his best mate thought I was fit, then he'd go out with me. It's like he needs his approval. He never used to be like this, he had a great personality, was kind/helpful to everyone, just overall a nice guy. Now he's turned into a prick, trys to be popular.

The friend that I have fallen out with, put me down all the time. Tagged me on facebook as 'Blobfish' and 'purple monster' (search google images if you must) and even my tutor at College agreed I look like them. (Not joking either).

I must be so fucking ugly, all this has put my confidence and self esteem right down.

On top of this, there is only four girls on our course. One is on the bigger side so no one finds her attractive, the other is in her 30's so they don't find her attractive and the other one was slim and blonde (she's left now). All the lads wanted to be with her, and god she knew it. She could have any of them within a click of a finger.

If all the lads are chasing after one girl, it makes me feel like I'm ungly munter. It's clearly obvious if none of them find me attractive.

FFS, what's wrong with me? I must be that bad tbh.
  • Options
    I don't know, it sounds like a rather unpleasant mix of you having a serious downer on yourself and hanging out with extremely shallow people.

You're gonna have to draw a line under the guy you like, I'm afraid. It maybe his friend who influenced him to stop going out with you, but you don't know that for sure. How close are you too him? Can you have a heart to heart and see if he can just tell you how it is? I think what you're faced with here is if it's possible to be just friends with him. For a start, is he still a good friend? If you think he's turning into a dick head, probably not. If there is something platonic worthy to salvage, you may want to try and make that work. But to be honest, he seems very immature, if this guy can influence him so much. It's like he's still in high school.

Your 'friend' sounds horrible. If she's tagging you on Facebook with such nasty names, I suggest you insist that she takes them down. I'm sure Facebook wouldn't like to be alerted to any 'cyber-bullying' going on, on their site. If you're getting bullied in Uni, I suggest you talk to your Welfare Officer (or equivalent).

Is there anyway you can distance yourself from these people? I know you're on the same course, but going to dinner etc, can that be avoided? Aren't there any nicer people you can surround yourself with, who'll stick up for you?

I really don't know how good-looking you are, although even if I was to see you and tell you what I thought (good or bad) it'd only be my own view. There's no universal standard of who's attractive and who isn't. Maybe if you gave yourself a break and learned to appreciate yourself better, you would feel more attractive. I tend to find people who are convinced they're hideous generally have an ingrained low self-worth and even if they're not Miss/Mr World, they're rarely hideous, as people go.

I'm not sure if that helped or not. Your situation is a bit difficult to be sure what to say.
  • Options
    They're way shallow.

This guy, I've stopped liking him. I've realize that the person he has become isn't worth it and isn't even likeable anymore.
    There is this other guy on the course, who I've started to like. He's a nice guy, great personality and we meet up often with another friend. There are some signs indicating he likes me, but I don't want to 'take it the wrong way'.

I'm at College, not Uni and I'm not being bullied as I get on with almost everyone on the course. The people I hang around with dinner, are my friends. It's just that 'friend' comes with us as they're friends with him too. (Well only some).
  • Options
    Well, that sounds much more positive. You're best minimizing your contact wit the negative people and only concern yourself with the people you actually like. There's another guy now, so different chapter. Maybe he likes you back the same way, maybe he doesn't, but considering the hurt you've been through recently, I'd personally recommend that you just enjoy the burgeoing friendship with him for now. Let yourself heal from the recent crap that's happened and just enjoy being with cool people. Maybe then you'll move on properly.

I know, it's easier said than done when you feel bad, but I think your greatest problem here is that you're blaming yourself for these things and not the people who've done them to you.
  • Options
    UGH. Had a fucking bad day today, sorry for the swearing but I'm fuming.

That friend that I fell out with seriously got on my tits, he's such a dick head. Having diggs at me for no reason, my 'best friend' joining in.

We went to a cafe for dinner, (group of us) and he was trying to put sugar onto my chips etc when I wasn't looking. He also, started to put sugar wrappes into my bottle of coke etc and just laughed.

I can stand up to people, but he's an argumentitive fucker, you just can't win. He's seriously putting me down, and just laughs at me etc. What an arsehole!
  • Options
    It sounds like you need to find some new friends. How long have you got left at college? You can't be around people that treat you negatively as it will affect you in more than one way which it is doing and it could affect your college work which is something you could do without, especially as your self esteem is pretty low already, failure will just add to that.
  • Options
    We break up in June, but it's a two year course. We'll be starting the second year in September.
  • Options
    Can you not become friends with some of the other girls or boys on your course next year? Either confront those that are treating you badly and tell them what you think, or walk away and start a fresh. The decision is yours but you can't keep things the way they are as it's just not healthy. Either way, you have one year left, it will go quickly and then you don't need to see any of them again anyhow.
  • Options
    I'm friends with others on the course, but we go to dinner in a big group so I pretty much can't avoid him.

I was going to leave College, but I got pursuaded to stay. I wanted to start fresh and all.
  • Options
    kimmeh wrote: »
    I'm friends with others on the course, but we go to dinner in a big group so I pretty much can't avoid him.

I was going to leave College, but I got pursuaded to stay. I wanted to start fresh and all.

Definitely don't quit college, you will regret it, especially over an immature boy. Just ignore those that are disrespectful and talk to those that treat you as you deserve to be treated. Just channel all your negative energy into your work and put in the effort to reach your potential. Succeeding in your exams will increase your self esteem and make you feel much better about yourself. You have one year left, it will fly by, don't let a few idiots ruin your future.
  • Options
    I still can't ignore him at dinner though, or walking to the bus stop etc. He's making me feel so angry, he thinks he's better than everyone else. He's an over the top drama queen who always has to be right. I can't stand him!
  • Options
    I still can't ignore him at dinner though, or walking to the bus stop etc. He's making me feel so angry, he thinks he's better than everyone else. He's an over the top drama queen who always has to be right. I can't stand him!

Why can't you ignore him? Just don't make eye contact with him, if you have to be in social settings with him then be civil but you don't have to instigate a conversation with him and if he feels the need to talk to you then just give him short answers, he'll soon get the picture. If not, then just put him back in his place.
  • Options
    It's really hard not to. :( I can't take this shit anymore
  • Options
    It's really hard not to. :( I can't take this shit anymore

Well if things stay the way they are they're not going to get any better. If you want them to it's you that has to make things change. Get through your exams and work hard, maybe once the summer is over, the dust may have settled and things may be different. If not, then you need to make a few changes but you can't carry on feeling sorry for yourself and doing nothing about it. It sounds harsh, but it's true.
  • Options
    I must say that it really does sound like you're being bullied. I find it surprising that these other people who go to dinner with you just put up with it. Is nobody willing to stand up for you?