Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Could use some advice...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I've been thinking lately, Im not all that interesting. Pretty much all I am is about gaming and movies and that doesn't really get you anywhere. I have a mate who skates, surfs and does all kinds of stuff and is a really nice guy. When I first met him I thought nothing of it (I met him last year at uni doing the same course) but now I can't help but think to myself "I wish I was more like him."

Another thing thats been bothering me is that my uni course is over for the year. It feels like I blinked and missed it. Whats bothering me though is that I now have nothing to do for the next 5/6 months. I was in the same spot last year and I absolutely hated it. The highlights of my day was waiting for Only Fools and Horses to come on, doing the washing up and watering my dads garden. I still feel bad about it because I feel I wasted 6 months. Is there anything that I can do about this?

Any thoughts appreciated.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Prehaps use the next 6 months to take up a new hobby?
    For the feeling of loss when not being at uni, I can relate entirely. See my thread here:

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=134272

hope that helps. I relate a lot to your post, because I spend my time gaming and watching films just like you. And going on the internet. I think you need to be pro active to break the cycle though.

Good luck
    New hobby (there must be something you want to learn), look for a job or a voulenteering position, make sure you get out of the house every day, evens if its just for a half an hour walk. See your friends if you can.
    Build a blof online.. blog about your misery maybe? hehe

Well that's my best advice.. build a blog.. make money from it..

maybe you'll follow in the footsteps of bankaholic and sell up
    for 15million only 2 years into it.
    Well that's my best advice.. build a blog.. make money from it..

maybe you'll follow in the footsteps of bankaholic and sell up
    for 15million only 2 years into it.

There is more to life then money you know. :yeees:
    I'm boring too! I spend the vast majority of my time reading books or writing books. Hardly the life and soul of the party.

BUT. Movies and games are fun! People need to realise this!!
    There is more to life then money you know. :yeees:

Also more to life than being bored.