Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dude, XBOX!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey peoplez,

I was thinking about how my dear old/young dad loves his xbox games so much. Then I joined this site and well the idea came to me that I could try out some games and I could buy him a few :)

But I suck at choosing games :(

So help?

He likes resident evil, street fighter, call of duty, doom and pretty much everything with good graphics and weapons.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    xbox 360 I assume, or old xbox?
  • Options
    I would recommend (assuming we're talking about XBox 360 here):

Call of Duty 4 (Modern Warfare) & 5 (World At War). First one is probably slightly better than the second, but in the second, not only do you get to use a flamethrower, but there is a bonus level at the end called Nacht der Untoten (Night of the Undead) or Nazi Zombies. It's absolutely brilliant, devilishly hard and still makes my heart palpitate.

Haven't played the new Resident Evil, though RE 4 on the Wii is one of the best games I have ever played.

New Street Fighter has some fantastic reviews.
  • Options

Call of Duty 4 (Modern Warfare) & 5 (World At War). First one is probably slightly better than the second, but in the second, not only do you get to use a flamethrower, but there is a bonus level at the end called Nacht der Untoten (Night of the Undead) or Nazi Zombies. It's absolutely brilliant, devilishly hard and still makes my heart palpitate.

Haven't played the new Resident Evil, though RE 4 on the Wii is one of the best games I have ever played.

Ahh i love that zombie level. Pure carnage the further you go. RELOAD RELOAD, FUCKING HELL RELOAD, STAB STAB GRENADE BOOM SHIT! Like that basically :p
  • Options

You tipped me on that one Thunderstruck. Thanks. Awesome game! :) :yes:

Any idea what Call of Duty is like on the Wii?
  • Options
    Funny that is

we've already got the above listed aha. The reviews for street fighter are pretty accurate though, I mean the only fault is that Seth (I think thats his name) can use everybody elses moves.

thanks for you replies guys...and yeh were talking about xbox 360 :)
  • Options
    ps3 + mgs4 = epic
  • Options
    ps3 + mgs4 = epic

ps3 = mega fail.
  • Options
    PS3 = UBER MEGA AWESOME!
    XBOX 360=RIP OFF! u have to pay to play online, its worse than WOW
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    PS3 = UBER MEGA AWESOME!

Tbh the xbox 360 i play on was free and so were all the games and live subscription, so i cant complain :p
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    curly_boy wrote: »
    PS3 = UBER MEGA AWESOME!

Xboc Live is a far superior service though.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    You tipped me on that one Thunderstruck. Thanks. Awesome game! :) :yes:

Any idea what Call of Duty is like on the Wii?

It is quite spectacular, and genuinely frightening in many parts. If only the Wii supported HD...

Not sure if CoD is on the Wii...

If it is, I hope they've used the RE4 movement engine. I personally think shooters like that, if done well, work better on the XBox though the crosshair control that the Wii affords offers more accuracy in your shooting.

Goodfella - my flatmate and I love Nazi Zombies so much, we're paying the £8 or so to download the add-on level for it, called Zombie Asylum. After watching the video preview, we sat open mouthed at the telly and then simultaneously said, "We must get this". Can't wait.

I downloaded the Resident Evil 5 demo at the weekend and not overly impressed. Graphics are, granted, mind-blowingly good. However, the control system is very, very sluggish. Not nearly as fluid as RE4.

I think the XBox is far superior to the PS3 for XBox Live and also for the Windows Media Centre. Just plug the XBox into your router, connect your computer to the router, via cable or wirelessly, and watch all your computer's media through the XBox on your telly. Certainly makes a massive difference when you've downloaded the latest series / film and you don't have to crowd into someone's room and watch it on a tiny screen.
  • Options
    Didn't realise that the media centre worked like that - so the xbox can just browse through the PC hard drive and, presumably, play .avi's?

I looked Nazi Zombies as well - I think a legit world at war and the expansion might be first purchase when I pick up a 360 again
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Didn't realise that the media centre worked like that - so the xbox can just browse through the PC hard drive and, presumably, play .avi's?

I looked Nazi Zombies as well - I think a legit world at war and the expansion might be first purchase when I pick up a 360 again

Yup, absolutely. It's one of my favourite features of the XBox. Just share the media you want to watch over your network and browse the media on the XBox Dashboard. Robert's your mother's brother.

I'll let you know about Zombie Asylum - I can imagine, if you get 4 players and a big enough telly, you could get seriously far. Flatmate and I, on 2 player co-op have got to level 15, each of us equipped with a Ray Gun and a Browning and we still died. So much fun it's unbelievable.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    ps3 = mega fail.

-crys-
  • Options
    Yup, absolutely. It's one of my favourite features of the XBox. Just share the media you want to watch over your network and browse the media on the XBox Dashboard. Robert's your mother's brother.

I'll let you know about Zombie Asylum - I can imagine, if you get 4 players and a big enough telly, you could get seriously far. Flatmate and I, on 2 player co-op have got to level 15, each of us equipped with a Ray Gun and a Browning and we still died. So much fun it's unbelievable.

Haha, yeah its class. Utter carnage. I haven't played it in co-op yet.

You play much on Live? I've found it incredibly easy to annoy people, especially Americans, by just making random noises. Much fun :D