Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Gbl?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lucid-Life wrote: »
    Surely it would melt/whateverthefrigtherightwordis the capsules?
    Nope, they're stable for a good few hours - when they hit stomach acid they dissolve straight away.
    Nope, they're stable for a good few hours - when they hit stomach acid they dissolve straight away.

still does anyone know how much harm is caused to drinking gbl?
    still does anyone know how much harm is caused to drinking gbl?
    You mean harm to your body in general, or harm caused directly by the GBL on your stomach? You're drinking a solvent also used to dissolve glue and clean allow wheels - so yes, it can cause some nasty abrasions on your insides. ALWAYS dilute your GBL in liquid - if you don't have capsules, drop it into a shot glass with some orange juice. Wash it down with at least half a pint of water so it's not as harsh once it gets inside.
    You mean harm to your body in general, or harm caused directly by the GBL on your stomach? You're drinking a solvent also used to dissolve glue and clean allow wheels - so yes, it can cause some nasty abrasions on your insides. ALWAYS dilute your GBL in liquid - if you don't have capsules, drop it into a shot glass with some orange juice. Wash it down with at least half a pint of water so it's not as harsh once it gets inside.

I mean over-all harm, compared to ghb, or alcohol.
    Sorry for bringing back a post but I hope this helps.

GBL should always be drawn into a syringe, measured and squirted into some water and drank, quickly ... as the GBL falls to the bottom of the glass meaning the bottom will become concentrated more ... GBL straight will burn the hell out of your mouth (this comes from someone who can drink 90% spirits straight). In the long haul, if you have 500ml+ GBL I would seriously recommend GBL > GHB.

GBL/GHB IS ADDICTIVE ... maybe the withdrawals wont be as bad as opaites or alcohol ... but with alcohol you find it takes awhile to devolop these withdrawals and once they happen you are also psychology hooked on them, but GBL/GHB is easy to abuse 24/7 and withdrawals may occur from only a couple of weeks of sustained use. I know alot of people on different parts of the interwebs that have withdrawals alot, I have never had them as I only use it once per week.

Last time I used it was last Thur (Sunday today), my next date will be Tuesday probably or I might give it a miss, I don't feel like I have to use it but it's fairly tempting.

It can be very easy to have a mild OD on GBL/GHB (which is a coma - in the alcohol world that is very serious). The second time I used GBL I did 2ml and it was okay, some buzz (couple of pints, this was a 2ml peak for me), I was unhappy with it as it was very weak, like an idoit I do 1ml 45 mins later, within about half an hour I was unable to stay awake, I kept nodding off and then I felt sick (like I have drank WAY too much alcohol and will regret it for at least a month) after feeling real sick for 10 minutes, I wake up (I passed out) feeling real tired ... I left the bathroom and deicded to sleep on the floor, which I did for 5/10 minutes, then I went upto my bedroom, put some music on and slept. I woke about 30/40 minutes later feeling normal and I even went out ... no acute withdrawal, comedown or noticable hangover was felt, I felt energised and had a nice walk the shop.

Now the next couple of times (weeks apart) I did, it more spaced out (dose wise) and it worked 3.2ml (tolerence - maybe, but this was better spaced) in total but wasn't as strong as I would of liked it to be ... this stuff is VERY dose sentitive and needs redosing often as it's short lived.

Don't mix with any downer OR alcohol .... on a GBL/GHB high a single beer may force you into sleep ... I've never done it myself because I know it's stupid.

GBL/GHB is a very powerful sex drug.

I might try to save the 30ml left I have for comedowns mainly as I hear a night on stims, GBL will just knock you out and the drug comedown will be weaker. When I run out, I'll give it some time off, maybe a long time - I like GBL/GHB, it's something I'll do again in the future and if I ever had 500ml+, a GBL > GHB would be wise.

The only harm I know of from GBL is maybe small damage to the liver (converting). But stomache (maybe teeth) damage ... this stuff is a paint stripper ... I spit some on a shoe box (drunk on the stuff) and when I wiped it the blue paint was wiped off ... one thing is for sure, make a habit of GBL and your stomach will suffer down the line.
    But stomache (maybe teeth) damage ... this stuff is a paint stripper ... I spit some on a shoe box (drunk on the stuff) and when I wiped it the blue paint was wiped off ... one thing is for sure, make a habit of GBL and your stomach will suffer down the line.
    Not necessarily - the hydrochloric acid in your stomach is pretty nasty stuff, but it doesn't do any harm in there.
    Both GHB and GBL need to be treated with huge amounts of caution, they both have a close dose/OD level, especially GBL.

Both are certainly addictive and there does seem to be a nasty withdrawl which is comparable with alcohol, although this only occurs when the person uses continuously.

They are not drugs to be used lightly and they are not drugs to be mixed with other drugs, especially other downers or ketamine.

As for GHB being a depressive, yes it is, although its a little strange in its action, it does depress both the breathing and heart rate but the breathing becomes deeper and more effective so within reasonable dose limits the depressive effect isnt dangerous.

Frankly I wouldnt touch black market supply with a barge pole, the synth is dead easy but without 100% pharmacy grade chemicals there is the potential for all sorts of nasties to be in the mix.
    TREAT WITH EXTREME CAUTION

what sort of nasties?
    TREAT WITH EXTREME CAUTION

what sort of nasties?

I cant remember exactly, I'm sure erowid has more detail.