Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Microdermabrasion

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For those not sure what it is, this website explains pretty well

http://dermacareindia.org/diamondmicrodermabrasion.asp

It's basically a treatment where they remove the outer most, dead layer of skin to treat various skin conditions, scarring, wrinkles, acne etc...

Has anybody gone in for it before? anybody know anybody who has?

Just looking for some geniune opinions on it, either good or bad

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've had it to remove scars. I only went to 3 of my 11 or 12 or however many sessions. It wasn't on my face, and thats what everybody expects and I just got too embaressed to continue. I was starting to see results after just a couple sessions though so I should imagine the end result would have been pretty good.
    I use a home one at the moment but I'd love to get a proper one done at a salon.
    sounds promising from your experience then, i think i'll definantly look in to it.

I dont have awful skin covered in scars and dimples etc...

Just every so often get a break out of spots that take a while to go, and when they do start to go where they have been appears "scared" and takes even longer to die down.

And i guess i just for once want really great skin, so might splash out and treat myself to it!
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I use a home one at the moment but I'd love to get a proper one done at a salon.

Where do you get that from? How much is it?

Also does anyone know how much to get it done professionally?
    I think it was £8 from a local factory shop. It's a Neutrogena one.
    This is a website for the shop there might be one near you http://www.theoriginalfactoryshop.co.uk/
This discussion has been closed.