Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

argh meds reaction and i'm freaking out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've had a reaction to tramadol in the past, and now for some reason i'm having a reaction to co codamol - i used to take a lot of it in the past, but i was given some more by A&E cos i've hurt my shoulder.

got back, and i'm panicy, i'm dizzy, very hot, nausous, i feel short of breath as well.

should i just wait it out for a while and see how it goes or what?

Comments

• Options
    well, i called NHS direct, and they've told me to take some anti-hystamines or go back to the walk in centre - which has an hour and half wait.

i'm just gonna sit it out, and if my breathing gets worse i'll do something else
  • Options
    well, i called NHS direct, and they've told me to take some anti-hystamines or go back to the walk in centre - which has an hour and half wait.

i'm just gonna sit it out, and if my breathing gets worse i'll do something else

are you on your uni campus right now? could you go to a nurse on campus to just wait it out if you're feeling particularly panicky? sometimes i do this and they just sit there and chat with me a while.
  • Options
    she's only there til 3.30 :(
  • Options
    she's only there til 3.30 :(

ah crap, if you feel panicky still would you be able to do something to take your mind off it? dvds? have a friend over? that usually helps me :) or just lying down and relaxing for a bit.

i hope you feel better soon tt
  • Options
    feeling much better now...i had my rock society boys around, and we laughed a lot and now i feel much better.

but i still don't think i'll be able to drink at the zombie party tonight! :(