Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anjem Choudary

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was just reading some more recent articles that have been posted online. I found them through this video. Can someone clarify if these have been shown on daytime-evening news like BBC/ITV/Five? I don't like to watch any news on the TV thesedays, it makes me rage.

"Homosexuals should be stoned to death" - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1163510/All-homosexuals-stoned-death-says-Muslim-preacher-hate.html
Yesterday Choudary, 42, was flanked by two fellow firebrands at the press conference at the Express by Holiday Inn Hotel in Chingford, East London.

It started with warning from fellow hate cleric Omar Bakri, who warned that Britons should 'wake up before it is too late' or suffer another 7/7 terror attack.

The preacher threatened that ordinary Muslims living here would rise up and retaliate for the 'evil' acts of British soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"Make every woman wear a burkha" - http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/89222/-Make-every-woman-wear-a-burkha

"I want to see the flag of Allah flying over Downing Street" - http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23661857-details/article.do?ito=newsnow&

So I ask, is Sharia law good for the UK? (I understand this guy is a extemist, and not every Islam follower speaks the same gibberish as he does.)

http://www.onelawforall.org/
http://www.shariapetition.com/

Comments

• Options
    One has to remember at all times that "Andy" Choudary's comments have to be viewed in the context that he is both a hypocrite and a Grade A cunt. Once you've read this, you'll never see him in quite the same way again.

As for Sharia law, my view is that it is, like much Muslim doctrine, completely incompatible with British law. It must NEVER be introduced here. Anyone who wishes to live under Sharia law is welcome to leave the country, as far as I'm concerned.

I wonder who will be the first to accuse me of that made-up word, Islamophobia?
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »

So I ask, is Sharia law good for the UK? (I understand this guy is a extemist, and not every Islam follower speaks the same gibberish as he does.)

absolutely not. And the folks who want to live under such a legal system are more than welcome to fly, drive, or swim to whatever country better suits their tastes. Hell, I'd even be willing to start an Islamic charity to buy them plane tickets to Saudi Arabia.
  • Options
  • Options
    hahah, that's how I found these articles.
  • Options
    Didn't I reply to this already? Apparently not.

I basically wrote that if people want to use sharia law instead of UK law in small cases like civil law, as long as it doesn't contradict UK law they should be free to do so. So for example if there was maybe a dispute over who was liable for fixing a fence between two houses and they couldn't decide themselves if both neighbours wanted to use sharia law instead of UK law then they should be allowed to.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    if both neighbours wanted to use sharia law instead of UK law then they should be allowed to.

Why though. We already use restorative justice in cases like this. Anything more serious is dealt with by the civil courts.

The legal system is what we've got. If people want a different one then they need to go somewhere that has their preferred choice. I for one don't particularly want to see homosexuals stoned to death or women confined to their home.
  • Options
    So for example if there was maybe a dispute over who was liable for fixing a fence between two houses and they couldn't decide themselves if both neighbours wanted to use sharia law instead of UK law then they should be allowed to.
    Not a hope. These two neighbours can use the UK's law and be fucking grateful for it. Are you seriously advocating that different people in this country be allowed to follow different laws, ShyBoy? Right can of worms you've just opened!
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Not a hope. These two neighbours can use the UK's law and be fucking grateful for it. Are you seriously advocating that different people in this country be allowed to follow different laws, ShyBoy? Right can of worms you've just opened!

the difference is in this case it's not a societal issue just a private matter between two individuals and they should if they both accept the terms be able to settle it how they see fit, no? whether that's in a uk civil court or they just get their lawyers to draw up a contract saying the last person to do 200 jumping jacks need to repair the fence.

i tried to make it cleaer i dont agree with following sharia law where it contradicts uk law. whowhere - i have no idea why they would want to bother, but if nobody else is affected i.e. a civil dispute and both parties are happy to use sharia law then why is that offensive to people? they still cant break uk law and decide to chop each others hands off or whatever.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article4749183.ece
  • Options
    the difference is in this case it's not a societal issue just a private matter between two individuals and they should if they both accept the terms be able to settle it how they see fit, no?
    One country, one law. You cannot start making exceptions, because more and more groups will start demanding that they get to follow their own laws. As soon as we change the law for Muslims - as if we don't bend over backwards enough for them already - other religions will start complaining "oh, but why do they get to follow another law and we don't?".

If people really think that the laws of this country are that insufferable, they are welcome to get on the first plane out of here. Country's pretty full as it is.
  • Options
    No, no, you've got it all wrong. He's a valued member of the community who contributes enormously to the multi-culturalism of the UK...