Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Holy shit batman, an honest politician!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Lol so Brown got owned today in the European Parliament by conservative MEP Daniel Hannan, well worth a watch and hats off to him for telling it how it is.

Link.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    An absolutely devastating indictment of Gordon Brown, without any doubt. This is actually the most watched video on YouTube today, I notice. This indictment of Brown should, by all rights, finish him off completely. Hence why our lazy, compliant mainstream media is not giving it more prominent coverage.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    An absolutely devastating indictment of Gordon Brown, without any doubt. This is actually the most watched video on YouTube today, I notice. This indictment of Brown should, by all rights, finish him off completely. Hence why our lazy, compliant mainstream media is not giving it more prominent coverage.
    Took the words out of my mouth.
    They're all "honest" about their opponents failings. When he does a rant like that against his own party, you can call him an honest politician.
    They're all "honest" about their opponents failings. When he does a rant like that against his own party, you can call him an honest politician.

qft politics is just a game really and it's not infallible but it's the least bad system we have. Other than choosing me to become benevolent dictator :) (or failing me budda would be a good choice lol)
    From the mouth of a piece of "New Labour flotsam", as George Galloway referred to him, Tom Harris: "Gordon Brown isn't just Labour's prime minister; he's Britain's prime minister, and for any UK politician to launch such a disgraceful, personal attack on his country's leader - in a foreign country - is nothing short of disgraceful."

I suppose it would also be unpatriotic of me, as a Welsh man, to personally attack this Scottish MP by calling him a grade A cunt. But that isn't going to stop me.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    From the mouth of a piece of "New Labour flotsam", as George Galloway referred to him, Tom Harris: "Gordon Brown isn't just Labour's prime minister; he's Britain's prime minister, and for any UK politician to launch such a disgraceful, personal attack on his country's leader - in a foreign country - is nothing short of disgraceful."

I suppose it would also be unpatriotic of me, as a Welsh man, to personally attack this Scottish MP by calling him a grade A cunt. But that isn't going to stop me.

so it's wrong to criticise one's leaders in a democracy :lol:

especially onewho never gets the chance to be spoke at like that
    not a fan of the MEP himself, but gogogo
    so it's wrong to criticise one's leaders in a democracy :lol: especially onewho never gets the chance to be spoke at like that.
    It's well worth reading Tom Harris' blog if you fancy having a laugh at Labour's expense. When he's not being a sarcastic git, his defence of most Labour policies is utterly pathetic. It's also worth looking at Dolly Draper's LabourList if you fancy reading press releases being passed off as proper articles. They don't have a clue what they're doing.

Possibly the most depressing, yet completely unsurprising aspect of the whole thing is that Brown just sat there gurning like a chimp as his entire political strategy was being ripped to shreds. It's not the first time it's happened - a few years ago, Quentin Letts from the Daily Mail accused Brown at a Downing Street press conference of making the "disgusting claim that journalists don't take terrorism seriously". Instead of defending himself, he just laughed. What an utter prick.

On another note, the mainstream media have FINALLY picked up on this story, two days after the Drudge Report and the blogs did. Channel 4 News covered it earlier, as did Radio 4's PM programme. It's also in tomorrow's Daily Mail and the Express mentions it on the front page. About bloody time...