Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Battlestar Galactica returns - spoilers

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm going to have to ignore the internet until I see it in case I accidently see a spoiler.....
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    *SPOILERS* (btw: Jim, is it possible to add a spoiler tag to the forum? One that automatically makes both foreground and backgroudn the same colour)

Definitely a nice way to end it! :) No complains as such, as I was afraid I'd have. But I do have some things I wonder about.

1)What about Kara Thrace being the "harbinger of doom" and all that? No such thing happened in the end...

2)Were we meant to understand something when the two "angels" mentioned that "god" doesn't like to be called that?

3)If Hera is considered the first "common ancestor", does that mean the natives of new earth perished?
    My take

1) The prophecies didn't always come true and need to be treated with caution.

2) God has many names (Allah, Jehovah, Zeus, etc)

3) Yeah, I think they were neanderthal man.

I liked it as well, though at times it was a bit slow. particually like the last bit. And to play a small clip of the music of the original as the Galactica went on its final voyage was inspired.
    I really loved it, my favourite moment was Baltar's 'I know about farming' moment - really touching.
    God has many names (Allah, Jehovah, Zeus, etc)
    I don't think that's it. I played the scene again and it seems more complex than this:
    "Caprica": This also is in God's plan.
    "Baltar": You know he hates that name.
    ("Caprica" stares at him funnily)
    "Baltar": Silly, silly me!
    It's -

You know it doesn't like that name

Not 'he'.

But it's just a sidenote fucking with the viewer isn't it? As a result I don't think there's anything more to explain it than what you want to read into it.
    True.

And now for the social (in my opinion -even before there was a BSG) question:
    Suppose that humanity, some day in the future, makes robots (or any kind of computers) with human intelligence. Are most people going to treat them as slaves?
    I thought it was "he doesn't like that name" too :-/

Either way, what a great way to end the series. I started watching BSG last year and was completely hooked for a while. I'd get home, go upstairs and watch three or four in a row, only pausing for dinner!!

It got a bit weird halfway through and I considered ditching it, but I'm really glad I didn't, because the way it all pulled together was a great bit of storytelling :)
    I must admit when Starbuck vanished I kinda thought there'd be a hint that Lee would end up with the nurse from the sickbay, as they're married in real life and programme makers love that kind of in-joke.
    i loved it... though to find out Starbuck WAS dead or some other worldly entity and she just disappeared? I kinda hoped she would end up with Lee Adama exploring the world... in my head i kinda imagine Lee someday stumbling across his dads Cabin and them having a happy reunion. I can also see Baltar and Caprica living near Hera, and kind of watching over her as unofficial God-Parents.

The thing that Got me is... Earth was the 13th colony and was all cylon, the other 12 were "The Colonies" and ALL life originated on Kobol, which was destroyed due to a war that split the colonies, probably the first Human/Cylon war, then the humans built cylons as slaves who rebelled on Caprica, causing another war... and now human/cylon/Earth native hybrids all bred into what we are now... while the last of the centurion are off in the Galaxy on a baseship... and We humans on Earth are going the same way as our Ancestors who built machines as slaves who rebelled and caused a war forcing the planet to be abandoned... ARGH! It's soo damn... frustrating a point that has been running through the series to be a throw away final line at the end.

Also, LOVED Admiral Hoshi and President Lampkin... that would have been a series all to itself!
    3)If Hera is considered the first "common ancestor", does that mean the natives of new earth perished?[/QUOTE]

I thought the natives where human the same as the people of the fleet, and then the cylons where diffrent, she would have been the first person with both dna and then 1000's years later everyone would have been a mix, so she would have been the first,