Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Temporary Job Advice?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I finish college at the end of May and will start uni in mid September. I have decided to get a job (paid or voluntary) as I really do need something to do. And I may need the money too.

Where would be the places be to look? And when should I start looking?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Agencys/shops/restaurants/bars, and now.
    what kind of thing are you interested in doing?
    Yeh shops bars and restaurants are what most students go for. I'm in a call centre, bit stressful, probably not the best option for a student. :D
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I'm in a call centre, bit stressful, probably not the best option for a student. :D
    I worked in a call centre while at uni, it was good for me 'cos I could work evenings.
    Yeah temp agencies are great, you've also got to do the leg work and go into different shops, offices and the like and try to get face time with the boss and impress
    Bear in mind that lots of temp agencies don't take on students - especially ones just out of college as they are often inundated. So you might want to consider slightly bending the truth about what your going to be doing in september and then being "suprised" when you get such good restults and want to go to uni - then make sure you've done a really good job so they still like you enought to give you a good reference.
    I'm not entirely sure what I want to do, but it has to be something where I'm not sat down all down or stodd up all day as well.