Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anyone in the same position?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I think im pretty much fucked!! My dissertation has to be in in 20 days and I have wrote about 3000 words, not that much of that makes sense!

I have taken a week off work to get it done, but today I have wrote a grand total of 200 words!!

Anyone else in the same boat??

AFA
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Pretty much, I've got about 40 days and need to right another 13000 or so words and its such a pickle I can't even be arsed to look at it :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That is why I have chosen not to do a dissertation! I feel for you guys! Good luck! :)
    you know what, I got up early and got prepared to start working on my thesis and I am sitting here.Writing thesis is one of the most boring but rewarding jobs, so keep going my friend. All the best !
    oooh how much more have you got to do?

Dont worry though, im sure youll get it done. Mine was only 7000 words, but i still managed to not start it until the last 2 weeks before it was due. I was a lazy bugger :rolleyes: I found that I got more done after id given myself a certain amount of words to do a day. That way, when I got those words done Id be immensely cheered and it meant i had the rest of the day to do other stuff before doing more words the next morning/afternoon or whenever.
    I'm dreading doing mine next year :(

I hope you get yours done in time AFG :)
    Wish I had a choice!! :(
    Not sure about you (op) but my productivity seems to depend on my writing style. I used to work really really really slowly, working through the whole assignment systematically, once, and word perfect that first and only time. Now i tend to write down brief outlines of al the points i want to hit within, then add more notes to the outlines, then form them more into proper sentances, juggle them around into better flowing order and just keep adding more and more to the notes until it actually flows as an entire document and makes sense. I've found I can work a lot quicker this way but this is only after spending my first and most of the 2nd year at uni working the 'long way'.
    I guess this was just a pretty long winded way of suggesting you maybe take a look at the way you work?
    I'm too anal about organisation to let his happen to me. Mine was 6000 words and to be handed in Jan, but I got it done before the Christmas holidays. I wanted to enjoy them!

But I set myself daily targets and award myself if I meet them - with an extra biscuit or something (yes, I am that lame!)

Best of luck to everyone busy with dissertations right now!!
    It's actually not that hard to do essays with the right preparation. I've written 3,000 word essays in a day with all the necessary notes there beside me.
    ive got 24 days to write 10,000 words altogether, and ive done 1,500. yay only 8,500 to go!! arghhhhhhhhhh by the end of today i want at least a thousand. ive done a lot of reading and research for my first chapter, which should be about 2 - 3 thousand words so i'd be sooooo chuffed if i got that done by next week.

ive done this with every essay i've ever written. i'd love to be like you dancing horse :( i love the feeling when you know youve worked hard and got stuff done. im really easily distracted. :(
    Yeah I'm easily distracted too, and I leave everything till the last minute :(

I was in the library at 8.50 yesterday morning, I actually felt depressed in a hellhole like Huddersfield Uni library that early. urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(
    kezia wrote: »
    ive done this with every essay i've ever written. i'd love to be like you dancing horse :( i love the feeling when you know youve worked hard and got stuff done. im really easily distracted. :(

Me too! Hence why I'm here and not doing my reading for my philosophy class tomorrow :p
    Not in the same position as I still can't decide what I want to write my thesis on.

I'll join you once I have, most likely. :p
    I think my main problem is that I have OCD tendancies to go with my ADHD, so therefore each section has to be perfect before I move onto the next one! My intro has been proof read and is completly finished and my methodology has been sent to be proof read, and now im halfway through my lit review. I really wish I could write notes and expand from there etc but I really cant study like that! Im sooo crap I wish I had started this far earlier!!
    Oh dear...3000 words to write in the space of the rest of today and tomorrow. I'm just *so* not in the mood to study. I need incentives!!!
    I only have 500 words to write on some stupid audience participation in business presentation thing but I CBA.
    My god i dont know what im going to do when i get to my dissertation. I'm only in my first year, i have a list of about 9 assignments to do and i'm really really not motivated!
    Mind you i have got 7 weeks and none of them are over 1500 words so its not too bad but aaarrrggghhh!!!
    Okay, in an hour and a half I've done 600 words. Let's see if I can do that again with the next hour and a half...
    In the same time I've done 47 :(
    JsT wrote: »
    In the same time I've done 47 :(

740 FTW!

But I need more :( And I'm pretty sure I have nothing else to say...
    :'( why is my fourth year of uni so haaaard?
    I don't know, mine is too :(

I've got 5 weeks exactly till my dissertation is due, scary :(
    JsT wrote: »
    I don't know, mine is too :(

I've got 5 weeks exactly till my dissertation is due, scary :(

Good luck! My dissertation was due in Jan, so at least that's out the way. Still...not looking forward to exam time.

Bring on 5th May....
    I really can't concentrate on anything and my deadlines are tomorrow :'(
    I really can't concentrate on anything and my deadlines are tomorrow :'(

Oh no! Come on, come on!! How much more do you have to do??
    KEEP WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or Else. :D
    Got about 1300 words left to do... And out of a total of 5000 that's not bad!

Must...finish...must...concentrate...
    I really shouldn't have had all that wine last night.
    Oh dear Lord... three hours later and I've still got about 400 words to go :'(

My boyfriend says I deserve to fail cause I've done no work!!
    Oh dear Lord... three hours later and I've still got about 400 words to go :'(

My boyfriend says I deserve to fail cause I've done no work!!

:eek: MEAN!! I think youve done really well, 400 words is nothing, and you still have the rest of the evening. Well done you!
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    :eek: MEAN!! I think youve done really well, 400 words is nothing, and you still have the rest of the evening. Well done you!

Aww yay! Thank you!
    I've got a lot on my plate at the moment and my head really isn't in the study zone... I've never been in such a panic and muddle about my assignments, and these are my last ones EVER!