Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

newby looking for answers??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi im new to this forum and looking for some help.

im 18 and have been with my boyfriend for a year now and am very much in love with him. however for the last 6 months i have completely lost all desire for sex and its causing problems in my relationship.

my boyfriend is very understanding and is cool to wait but i feel very inadequate as our relationship was very sexual before hand. whenever we do try and have sex i just get very worried and uncomfortable and have to tell him to stop.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    can you think of anything specific that may be putting you off? a bad experience? Do you still get horny and masturbate or has your desire gone completely? Have you changed contraception or anything that may effect your hormone levels?
    it is usual for the sex to reduce a bit as the relationship gets older, and the honeymoon period differs from couple to couple so don't stress too much as this can make it worse as you are putting pressure on yourself to feel sexy.
    can you think of anything specific that may be putting you off? a bad experience? Do you still get horny and masturbate or has your desire gone completely? Have you changed contraception or anything that may effect your hormone levels?
    it is usual for the sex to reduce a bit as the relationship gets older, and the honeymoon period differs from couple to couple so don't stress too much as this can make it worse as you are putting pressure on yourself to feel sexy.

well previous to this relationship i was with someone for 3 years and never had a problem so i dont think its down to a honeymoon period. i did have to go off the pill due to mood swings but that was months ago. so im not sure. i have had a tough time this year with family and stuff but i dont really understand how that could affect me and my boyfriend.
    stress issues can often manifest themselves in sex drive - especially if you don't deal with them outright. Stress and worry can effect alot of things.
    If you've come off the contraception are you worried about pregnancy?
    stress issues can often manifest themselves in sex drive - especially if you don't deal with them outright. Stress and worry can effect alot of things.

so what do you think i should do, wait for the stress to pass? i cant see that happening anytime soon.
    Big Gay wrote: »
    If you've come off the contraception are you worried about pregnancy?

no, im using condoms instead.