Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Magazine publishes 'tribute' edition of Jade Goody while still alive

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well shes dead now.

It made me feel very sad when I heard this. Regardless of whether you liked her or not, it's always a tragedy when someone so young dies especially as she's left young children behind.

I think she's been really brave and it has deifnitely brought more awareness to cervical cancer, which can only be a good thing as I would think alot of women ignore symptoms or don't bother going to smear screenings.

And Mist:
    If there is, then it would be doubly ironic that she ignored her own results.
    She didn't ignore her results. The doctors completely missed her symptoms on a couple of occassions and told her the heavy bleeding she was having was just a bad period.

In terms of the OK tribute, I would bet that her publicist had something to do with that although I'm not sure how it works in the magazine world. But Jade made her money by being a reality tv star, she was one of the first following big brother. So I don't see why she should shy away from that during her illness if that's what she wanted to do and make some money for her sons before she died. And people were obviously interested, including me. As Skive quite rightly says most people will be affected by cancer and it really does make you think when you see someone else go though it, especially when shes only 2 years older than me. It could happen to anyone. :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I also worry about the angry press that will inevitably happen as soon as Jack is caught on a night out with someone else.

I think the press have a lot of material on the guy already, they were just waiting for Jade to die.
    The doctors completely missed her symptoms on a couple of occassions and told her the heavy bleeding she was having was just a bad period.

To be fair, vaginal bleeding caused by cervical cancer is usually light. Collapse and heavy bleeding in a woman of childbearing age is normally something like a miscarriage or very heavy periods. Everything is speculative though, some places say she admitted to ignoring her letters requesting her to go in for treatment, others say there's a case for negligence. It's all speculative, no one apart from the people involved in her case know the whole truth.

Stargalaxy - given how much I know you love Harriet Harman, have you discovered the joys of her sister, Sarah? Linky