Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

drunk and alone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I split up with my boyfriend a few weeks ago. I've been ok-ish as it was a mutual decision. We're moving out of the flat we have together this weekend. He's not here at the moment, he's staying elsewhere. I decided to buy some wine tonight so I coudl have a few glasses and start with the packing.....which I have done. I feel drunk now, and I was in a good mood before. Now I feel strange, and empty....feel scared about what's to come...I'm moving into a flatshare with strangers at the weekend. I can't describe the way I'm feeling, its just kind of a flat, empty feeling. I think I'm really worried about what's to come, as I have recently moved to this town and don't have any especially close friends. I'm a really fun, lively sociable person who hates nothing more than to have nothing to do and having noone to meet up with and have fun with. I guess its just kind of hitting me that I'm about to be in a situation where I might feel quite lonely for a while.......:(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, you don't drink alone at home, while missing someone you shouldn't miss.

Go to bed and have a good rest. I think moving in with new people will do the world of good to you.
    your situation feels similar to something i'm going to be going through soon...

I'm not too good at giving advice but i just wish you luck with new place and hope it all goes well for you xx
    I moved in with strangers, and it turned out to be one of the best decisions ever, so don't automatically fear the worst.

Think about this as a blank canvas, a fresh start to help you in achieving what you want.

Make the most of the present, forget about the past and let the future unfold.
    I moved in with strangers last year too (although im now living with my parents due to cost), but I made some really good friends. We would have a group meal together once a week, and go out to pubs every now and then.
    Although it's no garantee, you should still make friends in the area, even if its not with people you live with :-) x