Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Well there is this guy..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
that i like in uni, hes great but i cant speak to him in person i get all nervous n babbly and say stupid things, i speak to him on yahoo n we get along like soul mates, i want to ask him out but im scared to do it in person

id like to ask him for a coffee after uni..

How would i go about it? im not an expert at all

cheers x.

Comments

• Options
    you can speak to him. everybody can.

If you won't speak to him, out of being afraid, I guess there is little chance to get to know him better, or go out for a coffee with him.

It's hard, but you just need to dare yourself and do it. It's the only way and nobody else can do the work for you.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    you can speak to him. everybody can.

If you won't speak to him, out of being afraid, I guess there is little chance to get to know him better, or go out for a coffee with him.

It's hard, but you just need to dare yourself and do it. It's the only way and nobody else can do the work for you.

It doenst help that hes in a huge group of people who i dont know so if i went over they'll suss it out straight away and ill be totally embarresed,

Hes the cute sporty smart type, i wouldnt know what to say anyway on yahoo i can think of a question or so but in person youhave to come up with em straight away i cant do that id just be silent..
  • Options
    If you have troubles thinking of things to say maybe you could go out and do something where you have to talk about the activity involved. Like bowling for example. Or you could go to a gig together where youd be able to hang out and chat and also talk about the band you went to see.

As Strubbles said, the only way is just to ask him. You wont knoe otherwise and nobody else can do it for you.
    Good luck! xx
  • Options
    aqueo wrote: »
    It doenst help that hes in a huge group of people who i dont know so if i went over they'll suss it out straight away and ill be totally embarresed,

Hes the cute sporty smart type, i wouldnt know what to say anyway on yahoo i can think of a question or so but in person youhave to come up with em straight away i cant do that id just be silent..

You have to find the right time. Maybe when he's going home one day and you have the same way to walk you could walk with him and chat. You might practice a bit in your head, what you are going to say...

It's something you must have done a few times. I'm not really good at coldly approaching people. Nobody can teach you. It's something you have to try and learn by error. I guess that's true for most social interaction. You could try to find him on any online platform and chat him up there, otherwise there is unfortunately no other way than to just suck it up and dare yourself.

In first semester I liked a girl and I walked up to her in her group of 5 girlies and asked for her number, in case she wanted to go out for a drink so we could call each other up. I felt the sweat running down my back, but what the hey. Since I got rebuffs only for several years I lost a lot of my mojo and keep to myself mostly :( All you can do is work up the courage and do it...
  • Options
    I cant catch him on his own or with somebody that i know.
    I'm really shy even in classes i dare speak outloud incase everybody is listening.

I could ask him on yahoo maybe?
  • Options
    aqueo wrote: »
    I cant catch him on his own or with somebody that i know.
    I'm really shy even in classes i dare speak outloud incase everybody is listening.

I could ask him on yahoo maybe?

sooner or later you will have to talk to him under 4 eyes if you want (and achieve) to meet up with him. Since you can't avoid it anyway and it's good practice for you (as condescending this might sound). Try to catch him when he's only with one friend or something like that. Many people are shy, but you can't drive a car without igniting it first...
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    sooner or later you will have to talk to him under 4 eyes if you want (and achieve) to meet up with him. Since you can't avoid it anyway and it's good practice for you (as condescending this might sound). Try to catch him when he's only with one friend or something like that. Many people are shy, but you can't drive a car without igniting it first...

He's really not ever with one friend, i wasnt spying but numerous times i peaked over to him and he was in with around 7-10 people

I'd find it easier to ask on yahoo, but its not as genuine is it..
  • Options
    Sounds like a similiar situation which im in, hard isnt it and feels like online is teh only way :/