Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

just did it

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
deleted

Comments

• Options
    Does it feel right to you? Did you feel like you were making the right decision?

You have to remember that your friends etc didn't know him the same way you did, nor did they have the same relationship with him.
  • Options
    In my gut i know it sthe rigth thing. but i feel maybe i should have "made do"
    and i feel so much guilt for him.
    i want him to be okay.
  • Options
    In my gut i know it sthe rigth thing. but i feel maybe i should have "made do"
    and i feel so much guilt for him.
    i want him to be okay.

You feel guilt because obviously you care about him, and don't like seeing him down. But if it's a gut feeling, I'd go with that. Our instincts are there for a reason.

x
  • Options
    I wrote before about breaking up with my b/f.

i just did it and im more confused than before.
    i feel a huge amount of guilt. He didnt see it coming at alll.
    and everyones telling me how amazing he is, and how i will regret it.

how do i know if what ive done is right?
    im so confused.

i feel sick

You do after some time. Putting your dog to sleep never feels right, regardless how sick he is (for the sake of an analogy), but in the long run, you remember how much he was suffering and not himself anymore...

In the near future it will probably feel like the wrong thing, but that's usual. After a while, he's just an ex. And the good thing is, you will keep him in mind positively.
  • Options
    I think it's the right thing to do. To drag it out for a longer period of time is unfair to him and unfair to you.

As Strubbles has said, it may hurt a little in the short term especially if he finds a new partner before you, but in the long term you will both be happier.

I hope you feel better
  • Options
    Breaking up with people is never easy and it won't ever be. - You know if you've made the right decision in the end if you feel guilt, which you do. This is a good thing as it just shows that you care about him a lot and that you really didn't want to hurt him but knew it was the only healthy thing to do.

Things will get a lot easier as time goes by though, however, it will be a lot easier if you two stay friends and in touch and not go completely in your seperate ways or make enemies with one another. Once you've got a new partner and he has, you'll both be happy for one another 'cause you've both found someone else that can protect and love you.