Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Should I Email My DoS About This?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
It's getting to the point where it's ridiculous. I know when I can't concentrate because I'm being lazy, and I know when I can't concentrate because my head is a mess. At the moment, it's the latter. I've got two important handins for next Thurs and then it's my finals.

There's a lot going on in my life right now but it's my dad's deployment that is really getting to me at the moment. I'm struggling to concentrate as his deployment looms closer (two weeks tomorrow) and I'm really worried about how I might feel after he's gone.

Is this something I should email my DoS about? Should I be letting her know that I'm finding studying difficult at the moment? Or are the circumstances too small and stupid to bother?

Thanks.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You should let them know.
    Definately let your DoS know - the longer the record they have of your finding it hard to work, the easier it is for them to appeal etc on your behalf if necessary.
    If in doubt always let them know.

They may not be able to do anything useful with the information, but it's always worth telling them. Would it help to go and see someone with the work you've done before the deadline, have a kind of kick up the back side meeting where you turn up and show them what you've got so far? Get some motivation from elsewhere, maybe someone like your DoS. Sometimes when you know you're not concentrating and your head is kind of elsewhere getting some one to put some external pressure on your work can help get it done. If that might be the case then mention it to your DoS in the email.