Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cisco, CCNA Uni requirements?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Right, im currently in Year 12, doing the following subjects:

AS Photography
AS ICT
Cisco

I've nearly completed Level 1 IT Essentials for cisco and will be moving onto the Level 2 version in the coming months.

What I want to know is, what are the requirements at uni's to study a CCNA? I've done some googling but I've found it hard because I don't know what uni's are Networking acdemys :(

I'm thinking about poping into my connexions advisor, but I have a feeling she won't be much help...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm thinking about poping into my connexions advisor, but I have a feeling she won't be much help..

She will if she does her job right! I found out this info last week. Ideally, L3. But from what I gathered, even that is taken in college depending on your skill level. You don't need to go into uni to study the CCNA, but either way you pay for it in college. (I do anway, nearly £500.) Which I don't have. Ha.
    I tend to consider someone having a CCNA a bad thing, unless backed up with a lot of real world experience.

Same is true of a lot of vendor's marketing propaganda qualifications.
    It's a never ending circle these days. They all want that piece of paper to say you can do it, with or without experience. Which you need the CCNA at least to get into the work place.
    EDIT: off topic rant.
    I'm in sixth form at the moment and they're not offering the CCNA. I took up the IT Essentials level 1 which im doing extremely well in, then i'll move onto level 2, but I thought with having the Level 1+2 behind me i'll have a good start with a CCNA?