Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can anyone help me help my brother ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well my brothers 18 and he's in a lot of trouble. Hes in so much debt with loan sharks atleast 1000 squid. He's stealing money of everyone £2 of my nan and she's insn't well at the moment and i got to look after her. He also stole £20 of my cousin who got 2 young kids and he stole £80 of his dads girlfriend.

My brothers girlfriend due to have a baby in May (im gonna be an aunty :) ) and the loan sharks are always going to the house looking for my brother but my brothers girl friends got 2 kids and the loan sharks are always there and the kids are scared and so his is girlfriend.

He's getting into so much sh*t and if the loan sharks find him then they'll put him in hospital.
No ones willing to help him but i am i know someone who can help him his connexions advisors because he's helped him before but i think he's gone too far this time he's so deep in trouble that he's only ever gonna get deeper.

My last option is the police but that will have to be my ''last'' option and i would ring them because i want to help my bro''
He's gonna be a dad soon but the way he's going......well he might not...
I don't know what to do. Can anyone help or give advice any would be great. Thanks:) :)

Comments

• Options
    I heard on the radio the other day that the government had just started a whoel programme to help people affected by loan sharks - i will see if i can find the information.

basically its to do with getting help with debt counciling, refferal to credit unions to get affordable debt to pay off the loan sharks and if necessary involving the police.

Here is a link to information http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/consumer-finance/over-indebtedness/lending/Illegal%20Lending%20Project/page37542.html

But you will probably need to identify and contact your local team
  • Options
    custard wrote: »
    Well my brothers 18 and he's in a lot of trouble. Hes in so much debt with loan sharks atleast 1000 squid. He's stealing money of everyone £2 of my nan and she's insn't well at the moment and i got to look after her. He also stole £20 of my cousin who got 2 young kids and he stole £80 of his dads girlfriend.

My brothers girlfriend due to have a baby in May (im gonna be an aunty :) ) and the loan sharks are always going to the house looking for my brother but my brothers girl friends got 2 kids and the loan sharks are always there and the kids are scared and so his is girlfriend.

He's getting into so much sh*t and if the loan sharks find him then they'll put him in hospital.
    No ones willing to help him but i am i know someone who can help him his connexions advisors because he's helped him before but i think he's gone too far this time he's so deep in trouble that he's only ever gonna get deeper.

My last option is the police but that will have to be my ''last'' option and i would ring them because i want to help my bro''
    He's gonna be a dad soon but the way he's going......well he might not...
    I don't know what to do. Can anyone help or give advice any would be great. Thanks:) :)

Cant they just take some of his stuff to make up for the money that they want.. sorta like ballifs?

If not i would go to the cops if theyre gonna use violence.
  • Options
    imo going to the fuzz is probably not a good idea and will likely cause more problems than it solves. Only thing i can really suggest is that he/you take out a legitimate loan from a bank and pay that back instead, surely better than having thugs bang down your door for the money.
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    imo going to the fuzz is probably not a good idea and will likely cause more problems than it solves. Only thing i can really suggest is that he/you take out a legitimate loan from a bank and pay that back instead, surely better than having thugs bang down your door for the money.

:yes: agreed timmy.

Loan or credit card would be the best way. Your still going to be mugged for money from MasterCard but at least they wont kneecap you.

Put it down as a lesson learnt and dont borrow from loan sharks.
  • Options
    i agree with the last 2 posts, 1000 is not alot and almost anyone can get a loan for that amount, even the interest will be lower than a loan shark, police is bad idea you'll prob find him dead in a ditch before to long if you involve the police. sad to say but true as the police takes time and if the sharks got a sniff of it they would fuck him up big style.