Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Invisible Speeches (New Track)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is the first tune I have actually got round to finishing in a long while!

It's a drum and bass track, but its quite a chilled out liquid tune. I'm hoping it will appeal to people who aren't really into drum and bass as well as people who are...

See what you think (its the only track on the page at the moment)

www.reverbnation.com/zerobeats

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just had a listen and I really like it :) I'm a big Hospital Records fan and it kind of reminded me of the stuff they put out...like you said quite a liquid sound which is my favourite kind of d&b. Nice one :thumb:

I'm in a dance/drum & bass band and we're trying out a guitarist tomorrow night, if we ever get round to recording any of our stuff I'll share it here so you can have a listen!
    Cheers for the feed back. I'm a big hospital records fan as well and I think a lot of the influences for this track have come from that side of DnB.

Good luck with the guitarist, I would be interested to hear some of your stuff if you get it up. I really like a bit of live dnb.
    Yeah i like it man. Quite a chilled out track isnt it. Drum & bass isnt generally my thing but i think you're right about this appealing to people like me. Its nice and atmospheric, but not overly atmospheric, which i always love in a track.

Question, are all the sounds made by you? Nothing sampled ... other then the voice?
    The main pad in the track wasnt made by me. I'm not good enough at synthesis to do something like that. A lot of producers would have trouble making things like that...

I had a one note sample, which I loaded into a sampler (Halion) and used that to edit it and bit and write down the midi pattern. I then just processed it with effects plugins to get the sound I wanted.

The little stabby synth sounds came from a really crappy loop I found, I cut out one of the notes and again put it into a sampler with lots of processing and some cool little delay effects.

There is nothing wrong with using samples in tracks, so long as your not just taking someone elses creation and sticking it straight in your track, you need to use your own creativity and mould it into something new and something that suits your track.

All the beat loops, basses and other bits were done by me. I made the bass in massive. But its just a sub bass so its fairly subtle.
    JamesZero wrote: »
    The main pad in the track wasnt made by me. I'm not good enough at synthesis to do something like that. A lot of producers would have trouble making things like that...

I had a one note sample, which I loaded into a sampler (Halion) and used that to edit it and bit and write down the midi pattern. I then just processed it with effects plugins to get the sound I wanted.

The little stabby synth sounds came from a really crappy loop I found, I cut out one of the notes and again put it into a sampler with lots of processing and some cool little delay effects.

There is nothing wrong with using samples in tracks, so long as your not just taking someone elses creation and sticking it straight in your track, you need to use your own creativity and mould it into something new and something that suits your track.

All the beat loops, basses and other bits were done by me. I made the bass in massive. But its just a sub bass so its fairly subtle.

Oh yeah totally, 100% agree on the sample side.

I dont think i could use a sample straight as it comes mind, i always try and do something with it so it sounds totally different.

Good work though man :D
    If anyone is interested this track will be getting played on an Internet Radio show tonight.
    Part of the show is being dedicated to up and coming producers.

It's the Load Media show being hosted by Deadly P from 5pm - 7pm

http://jungletrain.net/