Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help my cat...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this might sound like a strange one. My cat was attacked by another cat and is recovering well thank god. the problem is that now he has decided to start peeing on my kitchen floor & on the radiators, he still uses his litter tray & but the vet said it's like he is "marking" his territory after the fight with the strange cat. He's 5 and is neutered, he has never done anything like this before. I bought a plug in thing from the vets to "soothe" him but it's not working & my husband says he'll end up in "ORBIT"
(joking) if it doesn't stop. I love him so much (the husband & the cat) i just want my normal cat back. this is going on a month.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He's had a shock and a fright and this is his way of trying to warn off other cats and basically say this is my terratory go away.

I guess the only way is to be firm with it tell it no and if you see it doing it take it to it's litter tray.
    The plug in thing should work, is it in a quiet room which doesnt have many air changes?

Do you shut him in over night? If not it can be a good idea, it will bring down his hunting and territory urges and it may well help.
    Yes he's in overnight & the plug in "soothing Aromas" seem to be working, but he's much more subdued than normal now! No peeing in the last week, so fingers crossed!