Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

cash converters

sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

ive got shit loads of crap im not gonna need. im poor too so if i could sell these things, it would be handy.

im moving at the end of next month and im not gonna be able to take a few things with me. i have a massive television with a dvd player in it. its not a flat screen or owt though. its a proper old school thing, haha. also have a mini television. well, its not mini, just normal sized! again though, its not a flat screen.

i wouldn't really like to throw them away but i have nobody to give them to. would cash converters take them?

i also have a gamecube with about 10-12 games (mainly mario games, haha), some bongo drums (the donkey conga game, haha) with two remotes and a memory card. don't reckon i'd get much for this but do you think they'd take it at all? i don't use it anymore.

i also have an exercise bike but theres no way i can take this with me. its too big. a friend from work maybe buying it off me but if not, would cash converters take it? i really need to get rid of it!

and i have a sky box but will probably stick that on ebay as they tend to sell on there.

anyway, question, would cash converters take any of this?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    mmm, just looked on cex's website and my gamecube with all its accessories and games will actually get me about £50 in cash or £70-something in 'give exchange'? am i right in thinking 'give exchange' is something like cex vouchers?

someone respond! lol.
    I'm guessing so. You never get as much money when you trade in for cash. You get more if you trade it in for store credit than cash.
    well, i wouldn't want to buy anything from cex. i'd much prefer the cash right now! lol. gonna drop it off sometime this week i think. need money for my food bill next week!

my boyfriend has just suggested i take my tv's to somewhere called cash generator in manchester so think i'll do that.

was no point doing thread, lol.
    Have you had a look at gamecube games on ebay and seen how much they go for?
    When I worked at Gamestation we used to get quite a few people searching for Gamecube games as there are few places that still sell them
    errr yeah i have but tbh, i need money quickly and i'd prefer to not have the hassle of selling it on ebay, posting it, etc. i'd rather just go into town and hand it over this weekend and take the cash there and then.

also, the amount they are offering me is alright, like, for my gamecube 'paper mario game: the thousand year door' they are gonna give me £12! most of my other games will be sold for £4 too except my poor crazy taxi game which is being sold for £1 :(

just found my old sims 2 game too that i bought for my pc like years back. only played it once or twice. found a few other things too that i forgot i had.

gonna make about £65 this weekend when i take it all in hopefully :) yay!
    The place in Manchester is just another junk shop ...nowt special.
    Get whatever you can as quickly as possible cos everything is rapidly becoming worth nothing.
    CEX give exchange is when you swap your gadget(s) for another. You'd get the cash price for selling it, which would be a bit less.
    sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

No worries, Anything Goes is a good place to start. Decided to move it in to Money, you might get some more good responses here about this kind of thing :thumb:
    Hey, cex is pretty good for a second hand shop - and as you've already mentioned it's about convinence. The exchange price is to exchange for other stuff in the shop, the cash price is actual cash.

Cex stores tend to be friendly places and it's helped by them being willing to put the prices on the website - a huge step forward for any trade-in store. Much better than cash convertors who used to make me wait ages, mainly so you'll constrantly reconsider how much you want in cash.

Best thing, if you need cash quickly, would be to look at some of the items on ebay and compare the prices to Cex - flog on ebay anything that's significantly more there and the rest trade in for some quick bucks.

Remember to bring some ID along - maybe a couple of bills and a passport if you have it, or driver's license - they'll issue you with an id card after the first sale to avoid needing ID again in the future.

Paper Mario btw, between 10 and 20 quid on ebay, with real bids - so worth thinking about.

Here's a list of some really rare Gamecube games, probably you're unlikely to have any but why not check.
    http://blog.videogamepricecharts.com/2008/11/30-rare-expensive-gamecube-games.html

And seriously £1 for Crazy Taxi - disgrace! That game is the bomb! :)
    ha, well i took my gamecube and everything in this weekend and i got £67 in cash. only got £1 for crazy taxi!!!! out of all my games, that was my fave, lol.

also sold my bike this week to my workmate.

dont think ill manage to get rid of my televisions so errr they'll be going in the skips downstairs probably!!!!
    ... dont think ill manage to get rid of my televisions so errr they'll be going in the skips downstairs probably!!!!

Put them on FreeCycle.