Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help?

Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
I've Been Self-Harming For Almost A Year And I Just Feel Like Everything Is Too Much. I'm Thinking About Suicide Quite A Lot... But I'm Too Scared To Actually Go THrough With It. My School Found Out About It About Two Months Ago And I Lied And They Only Knew About The Small Ones On My Wrists So It Didn't Get Followed Up. I'm Now Terrified To Talk About It To Anyone Because My Parents Found Out And They Were Really Angry And My Dad Kept Blaming Me For Making My Mum Cry So Much And I Felt, And Still Feel Really Guilty.

My Behaviour In School Is Getting Worse And Eventhough I Realise It I Can't Help Because It's The Only Way I Can Show My Anger And Hurt.

My Friend Has Become Really Depressed Recently And I'm Terrified Because I Feel It's My Fault And I Can't Help Her And I'm Losing More Sleep Than Normal Worrying About Her.

Something Has Happened That I'm Not Going Into Details About That Caused My Older Brother To Actually Cry. And About Half An Hour Ago My Dad Came Into My Room And Threatened That He Was Going To "Clamp Down" As He Puts It If He Finds Out It's True.

All I Want Is My Family To Stay The Hell Out Of My Life And To Talk To Someone Who I Can Trust Will Keep It Quiet And Who Can Help. I Have Absolutely No Idea What I'm Going To Do And The Only Way I Can See To Help Is To Just Give Up Because I Feel No One Gives A Damn Anymore. Any Advice Guys? I Will Be Extremely Grateful For Anything...

Annaarrr!!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi.
    Now I am also a Self-Harmer and totally understand where your coming from. And until you find someone you can trust you will feel very isolated and alone.
    You could try visiting your GP they might be able to help. If you need to talk more PM me.
  • Options
    Hey there, I used to self harm and I totally understand where you are coming from.

Do you have a guidance teacher at school, or a school nurse? Both will be happy to help and the advice and chat with them should be confidential.
  • Options
    Thanks

The School Nurse Can Still Contact My Parents If She Wants To Can't She?
  • Options
    But if there is thought that you are putting yourself in danger then maybe they do need to be told.

Tell your school nurse that you are anxious about your parents and would rather they didnt know.
  • Options
    When my school found out they kept it form my mum for well over a year. Until other people butted in a then said that she had to know.
  • Options

I Can't Tell The School When They Found Out About The Tiny Ones On My Wrist They Called In My Parents The Day After...:banghead: :(
  • Options
    And Thanks For All Your Advice
  • Options
    Erm do you have any close friends you trust or you could visit your GP. They have to keep it confidentially.
  • Options
    I Don't Like To Worry People Too Much And My Parents Are Keeping An Extremely Close Eye On Me So There Is No Way I Could Get To My GP :/
    Gees This Sucks
  • Options
    :wave: Hi Annaarrr,

You seem like you're under a lot of stress at the moment and have no one to turn to :banghead: .

If you need confidential advice or just a listening ear, Samaritans and Saneline are both great and local rate from a landline.

Also have a looksie at the self harm and depression info on this site.

Well done for posting, and remember that even if it seems it sometimes, you're not alone in this and there are places that can and want to help you.

Let us know how you get on :thumb:
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    I know I hate worrying people too. Truat me try your best to get to your GP it will help once you have spoken to them.
  • Options
    I'm Really Not Gonna Be Able To Get Down To The GP.
    I Just Feel So Alone And Unloved..
    And I've Had Enough Of My Family And Can't Even Be In The Same Room As Them
    I'm Even Pushing My Friends Away And I Have No Idea Why.
    And The Fact I'm Bisexual And I Can't Come Out And I Really Like One Of My Close Friends Doesn't Help...
    Ok Now It Sounds Like I'm Being Stubborn And Whingey..
    Sorry Everyone And Thanks For All Your Help.
  • Options
    I have pushed all my friends away. And I know I am doing it and I wish I wasn't. And even though it feels as you are unlonved, I often feel the same way and I don't talk to my family memebers that way I can pretend they don't exsist which makes my life loads easier. Do you have anyone who you can trust?
    Soon as you find that person that you trust it will start to get easier. Trust me it will.
  • Options
    I Don't Want To Trust Anyone, Normally It Gets Thrown Back In My Face.
    :banghead: But It's My Fault Cos I Normally Upset Someone Or Do Something Stupid:banghead: So If I Stay Away From People It's Better And I Can't Hurt Them. :yes:
    That's One Of My Views Of Life
  • Options
    Hi Annaarrr, Thanks for your post earlier today. It sounds like you have alot going on for yourself at the moment. Firstly you are not being Stubborn and Whingey. You have a valid voice and it's great that you can express yourself on this site.

You state you identify as Bisexual and you don't feel that you can "Come Out" at present. I have attached a link for you to look at which may help you connect with other LGBTQ's. I also know there are also help groups and often youth organisations which run specific LGBTQ groups.

http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/sexuality/exploration/exploringyoursexuality

If you have any further questions please do post again.
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll Check It Out.