Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Animal Rights tw*ts protesting outside my office

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's why I think the scientology protestors have it right. They stand opposite the scientology building every Saturday in their V for Vendetta masks or whatever they are. It's fucking creepy. So people pay attention.
    IWishIWas wrote: »
    I like to think about the protests for G8 and the one's for the millenium (breaking the chains of debt) that took place in Edinburgh. I went to both of these. 9 years ago I was only 11/12 but it was just a massive group of people making a huge chain around the city. Then for G8 (though there were some nutters that ruined it) we marched around the city. It was fine. Just a walk with people who really care about something. The point was not the anarchy or doing mental or infringing anybody's rights. It was just a call to attention that there are hundreds of thousands of people who want things to change.

But then, it didn't really work.
    Yeah it was sad... but the whole reason richer nations keep these countries in debt, as well as maintain their trade rules is to coninue colonialism and prevent them from developing and reaching independence (depending on your definition of development)....

We'd have needed a shitload of sustained campaigns to tackle that, from every country...
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Yea TBH I meant the more emotionally charged protests where you could believe the people are that hyped up they could throttle someone's life out of them right then and there.

I'm sure we've all had the experience of having a debate with someone who is extremely passionate about something, and gets so incensed by the debate they are intimidating. Now imagine 10,000 people like that protesting outside your workplace. Scary stuff.

Possibly... You have to remember though, that to organise a demo so big, you need a lot of organisation and publicity.

Your publicity is hardly going to organise people to act violently... Even if a few people do go all out aggressive.

Intimidation works both ways too.
    Namaste wrote: »
    Possibly... You have to remember though, that to organise a demo so big, you need a lot of organisation and publicity.

Your publicity is hardly going to organise people to act violently... Even if a few people do go all out aggressive.

Intimidation works both ways too.

I agree, I hate the way the police work around protestors and think it's disgusting they abuse anti-terrorism laws in order to control people who they have no right to intefere with.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I agree, I hate the way the police work around protestors and think it's disgusting they abuse anti-terrorism laws in order to control people who they have no right to intefere with.
    Aww, get the violins out!
    Give everyone AK-47's and let them sort everything out for themselves. :D
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Give everyone AK-47's and let them sort everything out for themselves. :D

Good idea! Take all the world leaders and put them in a Battle Royale situation!