Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sftu!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Does anyone else think that it's sad that for an illness that so many people have been affected by, it takes a celebrity suffering from it, rather than the advice of medical experts, to get people to take it seriously?

I think you'll find a lot of people do take it seriously, just not that many young people. 1 in 4 of us will be affected by cancer in their lives at some point - but generally as you get older. Young people think they're invincible.

I feel incredibly sad for her kids. My mother died from cancer a few years ago and it hard, not just when she died but for the good fews years she battled with it, but being older you do deal with it.
    For kids that age it must feel like the end of the world.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Since Jade Goody's diagnosis, attendance at the smear clinics I've been to has been 100% and people who have ignored the letters are making appointments, so if anything positive has come out of it, there it is.

Much as I don't like Jade Goody and think that much of her past behaviour is diabolical, can't say I'd judge her in her position. She's never going to see her children grow up, I do find all the media attention on her quite morbid and lots of people have changed their tune now that she's dying, but how someone chooses to live out their final days is up to them. Jade's not exactly mastermind type material, the one thing she probably knows best is how to make money. Can't begrudge her that as she's dying and I'm not.

I think Lady GaGa is a bit of a knob. Can't stand Gok Wan either.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    You lot.