Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

mega pissed off with acting campus manager

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
as he's decided that our laminated and SU stamped posters that weren't on any fire doors were a health hazzard due to an accident that happened at another campus due to a poster being on a fire door...

and then instead of returning them, he's thrown them away...we have gone over our allowance for printing as a society and it will now cost us some where around £100 to do all of it again...

Now, i called the campus manager, and he's passed the buck onto the SU CEO for not requesting more notice boards...

i've left a message for him but still...i'm pissed off...

I'm lodging a formal complaint against the campus manager and i've contacted the CEO and left a message asking what we can do...

any ideas about what we can do? we only have 4 notice boards in the uni...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm spamming some posters today. Print lots, cheaply, and just stick them up, and then rinse and repeat the next day because they will have all been taken down.
    Well, i've got the SU behind me , and the estates manager of my campus, but still battling against the campus manager...he's so rude!

the SU are replacing our posters, but still...this is going to be an up hill battle!
    You need to get them to get more notice boards.

Anywhere else and they will repeatedly get taken down as a fire hazard or safety hazard and you're unlikely to get anyway trying to persuade them otherwise.
    they can't get notice boards because my campus is mainly glass buildings! they are trying to change the H&S policy instead...especially as it was brought in without warning, and hardly anyone knows about it.
    Chances of significantly changing the H&S policy are very very low so it's probably worth looking for other solutions as well.

Mini boards on doors would be one.
    Don't see what the problem with spamming them is :p. We're not supposed to at our uni, but hell everyone does it. Outside the cash points is a popular point. You probably need to replace them every day, so A4 ones printed on normal paper seem to be the way to go.

I have no idea if people actually pay attention, but ah well :-) best of luck. Does your uni have a student cinema? Often they display ads before the film.
    haha! are you joking! we rank very low for social life here....societies don't really happen here, we are only out ranked by the christian union...