Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I might have an eating disorder!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right so ive been on a diet for 3 years since i was 16 i was 16 stone then but now i'm 19 and 13 stone i lost 3 stone wich was great.
I eat 3 meals a day and do exercise aswell. I never eat chocolate, biscuits, sweets, crisps and so the list goes on.
I eat 1250 calories to loose weight i am looseing weight about 1 pound a week.

But one of the signs of an eating disorder is counting all the calories you eat and i do that to make sure i'm not eating over.
To tell you the truth i think i've beenon a diet tooooo long 3 years is way too much and now its just getting boring.

oh and i drink 2 litres of water a day.
Can anyone give me any advice?

Comments

• Options
    The diagnostic criteria for an eating disorder is more complex than being preoccupied with counting calories. If you are worried about it, and your mental health in general, then it's always worth talking to someone like your GP, as no one here can diagnose you or delve into that much detail.

3 stone in as many years is an excellent achievement, you should be really proud of yourself, but to be on a restrictive diet for that long can take its toll, and I think you can afford to eat a bit more than roughly 1200 calories a day, and still lose the weight.

When you first went on the diet, did anyone oversee it like a dietician or someone like that? Might be worth doing that if you did. It might also be worth looking at making small changes to your exercise programme or buy a healthy eating recipe book, just to mix it up a little, as variety always keeps things interesting.
  • Options
    Good work! It can be sooo tough working so hard to keep fit!

But everybody counts calories. It's an important part of keeping a balanced diet.
    Also, diets don't have to be boring! I'm not on a diet, but I like to watch what I eat. Why not have a big lunch with lots of veggies? They fill you up, are good for you and have very few calories! And you know what that means? You can make up your calories with some chocolate!

That's how I do it. You've got to have your cake and eat it! You deserve it!
  • Options
    Thanks you 2. The advice means alot.
  • Options
    I hope it helps =]

I bought a book recently called How To Eat Like A Hot Chick.
    I feel so hot after following the advice in that book! You should check it out!
  • Options
    Some plans like weight watchers restict the amount you can eat in a day in relation to the calorie & saturated fat content of the food. Following a healthy eating plan like this of the one you're doing seems fine to me. I would only worry about somwone if they were totally skipping meals or just pushing food around the plate- you seem to just eat healthily! Weight watchers allows you to have the treats too, of course you are finding your plan boring as you aren't having any treats. you should look into the weight watchers plan.
  • Options
    I admire you for being on a diet for that long, i really do.

Secondly mix up ur diet like the others have said get a recipie book and spice it up :P