Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Amsterdam

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I am going to Amsterdam in a few months and I need some advice on where to stay. I have been to the dam before but it was many years ago so I can't remember how far Centraal train station was from all the nightlife etc. The ibis by the station is the only reasonably priced hotel left that isn't a total dive so that's where I'm thinking but don't want to be too far away from it all?

Thanks!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    How many of you are going?
  • Options
    No you will be fine :yes:

We stayed a few streets away from Central Station near Anne Franks house and it was at the most a 10 minute walk to most places.
  • Options
    Thanks. We decided to look for something else and have got a nice one near dam square. There's 8 of us going, can't wait!!
  • Options
    8 people would have been enough to have rented out an apartment for the week
  • Options
    11 of us went for mine and a friends joint 21st, it was fab! I would go back again :yes:

Just wear comfortable shoes when wandering around, take a good tour guide book with a map (it can get a bit confusing especially if your drunk!).

The only bad thing is I found it it is quite expensive for drinks :(

Also watch out for the bikes!!
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    8 people would have been enough to have rented out an apartment for the week

Apartments are not the cheap option. Also we're going for a weekend and all apartments are 3night min stay