Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Argh! Actually Hate My Flatmate!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically, since getting with her new bf several months ago my flatmate has been treating everyone in the flat like a piece of shit. She's just such an absolute dick. I could go on and on and on about how pissed off she makes me and all the knobcheese things she's done but I won't.

So her bf breaks up with her for a couple of days. I'm expected to be there. So I help her, try really hard to cheer her up. When she gets back with her bf I am forgotten about again. Whenever she sees me it's only to pass comment.

But she seems to be friendly with everyone else in the flat. I think that's because I once told her to fuck off (but in a very nice way) when she was being a complete and utter fanny. She arranges flat outings and flat grouped things that somehow don't include me. I literally just heard her telling her boyfriend that she'd asked everyone but no one else wanted to go. WHERE AND WHY? She sure as fuck didn't ask me.

*sigh* I'm constantly stressed and upset in my own flat all the time. I am dangerously close to saying something I will regret. I am a complete bitch when I want to be and I am a master of manipulating people's emotions and weak points until they can't bare to take any more. I don't want to do this but it's becoming more and more difficult.

Help?

Getting a new flatmate and moving out isn't an option. I've got a contract to stick to till the end of June. Meh.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In contractual situations like this one there is some good sane advice you should consider: Plant coke or crack in her room.
    I am not being sarky there - plant drugs in her room and get her the hell out if she pisses you off - if you want to be awful to her ^^

Overhearing her say that to her boyfriend was probably just her way of not going out and blaming others. She does sound like a bad friend to have though.

Treat her with the same indifference she treats you with, invite the other flatmates out but not her, be the enemy and tell her to fuck herself.
    In contractual situations like this one there is some good sane advice you should consider: Plant coke or crack in her room.
    I am not being sarky there - plant drugs in her room and get her the hell out if she pisses you off - if you want to be awful to her ^^

Overhearing her say that to her boyfriend was probably just her way of not going out and blaming others. She does sound like a bad friend to have though.

Treat her with the same indifference she treats you with, invite the other flatmates out but not her, be the enemy and tell her to fuck herself.

Yeah... I need to stop being nice to her when she's making me feel so depressed. I've got too many other things to be stressed about. I don't need this.
    IWishIWas wrote: »
    I am a master of manipulating people's emotions and weak points until they can't bare to take any more.

:yeees: :lol::lol:
    kate- wrote: »
    :yeees: :lol::lol:

Honestly, when you're getting the brunt of it it's not funny!
    I'm sure.

Perhaps if she really is that bad she deserves some of this 'torture'?
    kate- wrote: »
    I'm sure.

Perhaps if she really is that bad she deserves some of this 'torture'?

She does. She needs it. She needs to realise that she's not queen of the fucking universe. It is so so tempting.
    Revenge....it's so very sweet.
    I think it basically might have to happen.
    Eugh, i feel your pain. I've had a pretty terrible year housemate wise (mainly my fault) but thats another story. Don't drop down to a bad level, thats all i can say. Be the better person. Stick it out. Go out and see your mates, invite them round.

Just don't bother with her anymore. Things will turn themselves round, it happened with me. Things will brighten up i know :)
    Nah don't sink to her level. Remember you have to live with her until June... try and make it civil. You also want people on your side, so don't make yourself look like more of a bitch than she is.
    But you need to say something... it's the worst feeling ever being stuck in your own flat, feeling like you can't speak up about anything. Just ask her to have a little chat and try and explain how you're feeling to her.
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Eugh, i feel your pain. I've had a pretty terrible year housemate wise (mainly my fault) but thats another story. Don't drop down to a bad level, thats all i can say. Be the better person. Stick it out. Go out and see your mates, invite them round.

Just don't bother with her anymore. Things will turn themselves round, it happened with me. Things will brighten up i know :)

I had friends round the other day, both girls that she used to live with and be friends with. She had nothing to say to them and looked disgusted that they were even in *her* kitchen. But they have nothing to say to her either since she's treated them both the same way.

I'm gonna take your word on this one, Baley.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Nah don't sink to her level. Remember you have to live with her until June... try and make it civil. You also want people on your side, so don't make yourself look like more of a bitch than she is.
    But you need to say something... it's the worst feeling ever being stuck in your own flat, feeling like you can't speak up about anything. Just ask her to have a little chat and try and explain how you're feeling to her.

Nup, it's all or nothing with this girl. I don't want to sink to her level, but after years and years of bullying I can't handle being treated like this anymore. Talking to her is on a par with shouting and screaming - she'll treat both as horrible drama.

So yeah, I'm probably best just being quiet, but telling her where to go when she's being a total cow.
    I had friends round the other day, both girls that she used to live with and be friends with. She had nothing to say to them and looked disgusted that they were even in *her* kitchen. But they have nothing to say to her either since she's treated them both the same way.

Lol I hear ya....our ex flatmate used to invite her friends round ALL the time while I was at home. I was really good friends with her back then and I never had a problem with it...I used to chat to her friends, drink with them e.t.c... Then when I finally made a couple of my own mates over here who aren't my girlfriends mates, I invite them over and she makes it perfectly clear they are not welcome. Ignores them and just stays in her room with the door shut until her boyfriend comes home to send me a bitchy text saying they need to be out by a certain time.
    Meh, it's all over now. lol
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Lol I hear ya....our ex flatmate used to invite her friends round ALL the time while I was at home. I was really good friends with her back then and I never had a problem with it...I used to chat to her friends, drink with them e.t.c... Then when I finally made a couple of my own mates over here, I invite them over and she makes it perfectly clear they are not welcome. Ignores them and just stays in her room with the door shut until her boyfriend comes home to send me a bitchy text saying they need to be out by a certain time.
    Meh, it's all over now. lol

Can't wait til it's over!
    My flatmate recently told my friend (who used to be her BFF OMG!!!!!111!!!ONE!11 4EVA) that she didn't miss her anymore cause she had a bf and so she doesn't need anything else in her life.

That's retarded.
    take a poop in her bed
    take a poop in her bed

Oh my God! Amazing idea! She's OCD so she'd *hate* that!
    Oh my God! Amazing idea! She's OCD so she'd *hate* that!

heh! seriously i hope she stops being a knobber soon
    Been there myself and I sympathise with you.

Some people can be right fuckers to live with.
    Now things are just awkward. We've obviously come to some silent agreement whereby we know just not to talk to each other. I can't stand the girl and I don't know what she thinks about me but she seems to have realised how I feel.

So I go into the kitchen and because I was gonna do the dishes and make some lunch I was gonna be in there a while. So I say hi. She mumbles some incoherent hello. Then it was complete silence. We had nothing to say to each other. I almost hoped she would be a bitch again so that I'd have something to say. I *hate* awkward silence.