Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

failed 4th driving test...devastated :'(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i am soooooo upset having failed yet AGAIN. the worst part is that i only got 3 minors...and then i go and fuck it up on a roundabout by cutting someone up and getting a serious. sooooooooooooo frustrated!!

and besides the fact that i still cannot drive, i feel sick at the thought of how much money this is costing me :( i mean im not exaclty rich, and im supposed to be saving up for travelling this summer so spending 50 quid for a 2 hour lesson each week and then £156 a test.....NOTGOOD!!!

my problem is that i panic, and i wish i wouldnt. i have rebooked another for april but i am just so upset and embaressed more than anything that its taking me this long....this will be my 5th test :(

anyone else had this crap? :(:(:( :crying: :crying: :crying:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not everyone passes so easily, different factors affect everything.

Maybe you should take some more lessons, explain to your instructor what the issue your having while doing your test, and s/he will help you overcome it. :)

Good luck though! Try not to worry about the past exams.
    It took my friend and my sister 5 tests before they passed, so you're not the only one.

Try Bach's Calm remedy next time it might help you to relax a little :)
    I've failed five times. I understand how you feel! I have my next test booked over Easter when I'm home from uni. If I fail this time I think I will get very worried as my theory runs out in September and the test centres back home are always very busy!
    Is there anyone else who could take you out driving so that you don't have to spend so much on lessons?
    If you only got three minors this time and it was a silly mistake that made you fail then maybe the next test you do you will pass! Don't give up, all the money you spend will be worth it in the end.
    piecesofme wrote: »
    Try Bach's Calm remedy next time it might help you to relax a little :)

:yes:

Also, I had my instructor in the car when I passed, which did help. Even if I hadn't passed, it would have been useful, as he would have been there, so been able to give me advice on where I went wrong.
    ahh i failed 4 times passed 5th.. i was all nerves during tests...

ive been driving for 5 years now and have 5 years no claims and consider myself a brilliant driver (when i'm not twatting around)

keep at it :)
    156 fucking pound? Jesus. The practical exam here is something like 70 euro, which is about 50 pound.

good luck next time.
    squeal wrote: »
    If you only got three minors this time and it was a silly mistake that made you fail then maybe the next test you do you will pass! Don't give up, all the money you spend will be worth it in the end.

:yes: i got three minors and a major on my second test and then passed my third.
    you didnt fail by much so it shows you're not terrible. you'll get there!
    Some people were born to drive, others were born to be driven. :thumb:
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    156 fucking pound? Jesus. The practical exam here is something like 70 euro, which is about 50 pound.

good luck next time.

its 56.50 for the test, but it costs me 50quid to have the car aswell for 2 hours. bad times :(

thanks for everyones advice!!! made me feel bit better, at least ive stopped crying now lol.
    its 56.50 for the test, but it costs me 50quid to have the car aswell for 2 hours. bad times :(

please clarify, did you have to pay your instructor the privilege of using his car for the test? if so that sucks!
    kiefer24 wrote: »
    please clarify, did you have to pay your instructor the privilege of using his car for the test? if so that sucks!

Of course you do... time taken up by you doing your test is time that the vehicle can't be used on fee-paying lessons. No instructor is going to give it away for free...
    Ahhh... 'white coat syndrome' rears its ugly head once again. This is reference to blood pressure tests. Higher-than-normal readings can occur because you're put on the edge. You get the same feeling if you're having to perform on the violin in front of 300 people. I've played violin in such situations over a dozen times and in front of David Blunkett. Even after that, I still get the nerves. I might try this Bach's calm remedy that Piecesofme mentioned a few posts up from here.
    Of course you do... time taken up by you doing your test is time that the vehicle can't be used on fee-paying lessons. No instructor is going to give it away for free...

We had to use our own car and the first part of the test was to make sure all the lights and stuff worked. If a headlight was out you couldn't even take the test :lol:
    Good, because the car shouldn't be on the road anyway if a headlight was out...
    No way! :shocking:
    No way! :shocking:

Nope. Technically it is considered unroadworthy to be driving with a light out. Which is fair enough really, 'cos you are one blown bulb away from driving around with no headlights (for example).

Of course, that doesn't stop people over here from doing so. In fact I saw two cars with only one headlight / broken lights just on the way home last night.
    That was my attempt at sarcasm in response to a ridiculous you-must-be-a-moron response :( I failed
    That was my attempt at sarcasm in response to a ridiculous you-must-be-a-moron response :( I failed

No way!
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    noog wrote: »
    ahh i failed 4 times passed 5th.. i was all nerves during tests...

ive been driving for 5 years now and have 5 years no claims and consider myself a brilliant driver (when i'm not twatting around)

keep at it :)

I was the same....must have been the test area ; )
    kiefer24 wrote: »

Of course you do.

Its his/her petrol and they are losing money they could be earning on a lesson if someone is using their car.

Huh? Should I be taking offence?
    RaggyDoll wrote: »
    Of course you do.

Its his/her petrol and they are losing money they could be earning on a lesson if someone is using their car.

having said that, the first test i ever took was with a moron instructor. and he failed to tell me that i had to pay for having the car for 2 hours...and ill be damned if i corrected him!