Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Clash of interests

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Went to see my new dentist today who said I need a filling (as expected) but she was also muttering about my enamel. Poor enamel runs in my family, we all have really bad discolouration because it. Anyhoo, she said that I'm not allowed pineapple (:crying: ), grapefruit *shrug* and cranberry.

But.

Because of my ongoing genito-urinary-we're-not-really-sure problem, my doctor has advised me to drink cranberry juice.

So, do I listen to my dentist or do I listen to my doctor?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You could drink the cranberry juice through a straw then rinse your mouth out with some water afterwards to try and minimise any potential damage done.
    :yes: i agree with above post.And how is it going with that probelm?
    Cranberry through a straw and enough water to wash it out of your mouth afterwards. Don't need to gargle it or anything, or spit it out, just a good swilling mouthful.
    Aj fan wrote: »
    :yes: i agree with above post.And how is it going with that probelm?

Thanks for the advice :)

With regards to the other problem, my GP rang me the other night asking me to do another urine sample as the hospital had contacted her saying that they were concerned about something which they previously hadn't been. So, with any luck the results of that will be back tomorrow or Monday and then based on that I'll be referred to a dermatologist and/or an urologist.