Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Its destroying me..why is she so angry?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys

Welcome the n00b :)

Anyway

I will have been with my girlfriend for 2 years come august. Started off ok (my first and only relationship). She is shy and a bit quiet but thats getting better.

Now the thing is, at the moment, well for the past year i suppose, the littlest thing can make her angry or in an attitude. Today I was speaking on the phone and because i was tired i was answering..as you do tired. She called me F***ing grumpy...and because she sounded just as "grumpy" i said your grumpy too...she shouted bye and hung up. Then text 5 mins later saying why didnt you F****ing ring back and i explained she sounded angry and probably wouldnt want me too..so she told me where to go =/

This happens all the time. Basically I say something, or dont text back or something really stupidly trivial and it will kick off. Throughout the "discussion" i stay calm, still showing affection but she will bring up everything possible from wanting a baby..and its my fault i dont want one, how im never wrong (sarcastic voice of course) and so on

I will also literally get bombarded with...not very nice texts whilst this is going on - *checks phone*
  • u dnt try to cheer me up u list all the bad things iv done
  • if u dnt want me being angry stop being a nob to me
  • iv tried to help myself and i have so be greatful

Comments

• Options
    My advice there is when she tries to get you into that argument trap stop talking totally, don't respond and let her say things, ignore them then carry on.
    If she persists say you are ending the conversation because you do not want an argument.

If she continutes tell her where to go, whats the point in being close to someone who just argues with you?
  • Options
    *Some* birds want to get you wind up and have an argument with them. In their fucked up, warped heads it shows that you care about them if you lose it and start shouting at them?! :confused:

They call it passion and being unpredictable and not taking their shit. :crazyeyes - I think some birds lead really boring lives so need to make bf drama :chin:

Have it out with her as suggested. Find out the root of her problems...maybe she just needs a cuddle.

Whatever the outcome, just be yourself, she can either like it or lump it.:p
  • Options
    wow she does not sound like a "shy/quiet" person.
    more like a bitch, sorry =/
    well I would say you need someone that wouldn't treat you like that,
    because no one deserves to be talked to like that. When you are in a relationship you need to be feel loved and respected.
  • Options
    what a bitch. If she doesn't get the wink that she's out of order even if you are completely pacifistic I would fight back. Probably not advisable, but I'd show her how to fight fire with fire.
  • Options
    woman are NOT fucked up in the head thank you very much:impissed: all you need to do iz get her on hr own then tell you your REALL need to talk. tell her wotz upsettin u then ask hr wotz upsettin her(or the other way round).:) iv ur gonna gt anywhere wiv her u need to no wotz up wiv her before anfin or you will alwayz be stuck in the same spot. keep those dearest to you closest to you, you neva no wot will happen:heart::heart::heart:
  • Options
    woman are NOT fucked up in the head thank you very much:impissed: all you need to do iz get her on hr own then tell you your REALL need to talk. tell her wotz upsettin u then ask hr wotz upsettin her(or the other way round).:) iv ur gonna gt anywhere wiv her u need to no wotz up wiv her before anfin or you will alwayz be stuck in the same spot. keep those dearest to you closest to you, you neva no wot will happen:heart::heart::heart:

WHAT???
  • Options
    purified wrote: »
    WHAT???

hehehe...
  • Options
    hey guys/gals thanks for the comments

to anyone else she is really shy and quiet but for me/her family its quite the opposite. i dont know if its linked but she has ocd (germs etc. = :crazyeyes ) and she did actually come to conclusion she has an anger issue.

Seems to me that because her previous relationships were either bad or she got used/cheated or whatever girls call it :P that she now wants to control me to almost prevent it happening again.

She checks my phone every chance possible (how can i stop this without making it sound like im hiding texts?) and there was an instances before such as large arguements or her interpreting me as cheating which she brings up either at random..spoiling well everything or as ammunition in an arguement.

In fact the arguements are generally i do/say something/dont do/say something. she gets angry, runs out the room or lies down back to me and totally blanks me or cries and doesnt tell me why.

I have told her its probably her depression coming back but she insists its not and refuses to go back to the doctors. She cries most nights i stay at hers/vice versa about quite a few things (not always me!:thumb: ) and i think she generally feels very useless (got a college course in childcare but cant find a childcare job, failed driving test three times etc.)

What do you think? I know she can be nice but its strange all this pressure is coming out on me/family and its almost like if she doesnt get her way (i cant make it to hers this week for example due to parents not giving me a lift) then somewhere along the line instead of disappointment - anger
  • Options
    How old are you 2?
    If you can deal with all that then good luck :D you are a trooper!
    and about the texts if you have nothing to hide then why does it matter?
    my ex used to read my msg's all the time, and it never bothered me but that's just me.
  • Options
    purified wrote: »
    my ex used to read my msg's all the time, and it never bothered me but that's just me.

I really can't stand it, it's such an invasion of privacy and it's so rude.

My ex mrs used to do it all the time but sneakily when I was in the shower or on the toilet or something. I had to take my phone everywhere, even though I had nothing to hide.

To be honest, my ex used to do a lot of the stuff mentioned in the first post and reading it now I'm so glad I'm shot of her.

ohdear - by the sounds of it she might have some issues with insecurity. Does she have any friends she regularly goes out with or are you the only social aspect of her life? Maybe speak to her about it and reassure her how much she means to you and how much you hate the arguing.

Don't mean to worry you or anything, but when this happened with my previous gf it just progressively got worse up until the point where I couldn't cope with the bullshit anymore, no matter how much reassurance I gave her.

If I didn't txt her at certain points of the day she'd get funny with me, if I didn't want to sit on MSN for hours with her she'd get funny, if I went up my mates for a couple of hours she'd compare how much time I spent with them and her.. It just fucked me off so much, was like having someone constantly breathing down my neck ALL the time.

But yeah, I'd suggest a heart-to-heart and some reassurance.
  • Options
    I am one of a few select friends

and yes she is insecure..well she used to use it as a reason/excuse all the time not too long ago

Yep, if i dont go on msn as and when and for as long as she wants she gets funny

If i go out with my mates im putting them before her

goin to hers tonight so i will reassure her that she means so much to me

lets see how it goes

p.s she also even "tells me off" if when having sex its not exactly how she wants haha :cool: theres me thinking i was a sex god :naughty:
  • Options
    My boyfriend gets a bit like this sometimes. I tend to let him get on with it and then when he comes around he's really sorry. This sounds like it might not work with her though.... I have no idea how to solve it other than tell her that's it's bothering and upsetting you. She sounds like she's being quite selfish to be honest.
  • Options
    My boyfriend gets a bit like this sometimes. I tend to let him get on with it and then when he comes around he's really sorry. This sounds like it might not work with her though.... I have no idea how to solve it other than tell her that's it's bothering and upsetting you. She sounds like she's being quite selfish to be honest.

I agree
  • Options
    Aspire wrote: »
    I really can't stand it, it's such an invasion of privacy and it's so rude.

My ex mrs used to do it all the time but sneakily when I was in the shower or on the toilet or something. I had to take my phone everywhere, even though I had nothing to hide.

To be honest, my ex used to do a lot of the stuff mentioned in the first post and reading it now I'm so glad I'm shot of her.

ohdear - by the sounds of it she might have some issues with insecurity. Does she have any friends she regularly goes out with or are you the only social aspect of her life? Maybe speak to her about it and reassure her how much she means to you and how much you hate the arguing.

Don't mean to worry you or anything, but when this happened with my previous gf it just progressively got worse up until the point where I couldn't cope with the bullshit anymore, no matter how much reassurance I gave her.

If I didn't txt her at certain points of the day she'd get funny with me, if I didn't want to sit on MSN for hours with her she'd get funny, if I went up my mates for a couple of hours she'd compare how much time I spent with them and her.. It just fucked me off so much, was like having someone constantly breathing down my neck ALL the time.

But yeah, I'd suggest a heart-to-heart and some reassurance.

Yeah, it can be rude when they are doing in behind your back.
  • Options
    ohdear - I feel for you mate and I know how draining it is, it sounds so much like my ex it's unreal.

I hope the chat works out for you.