Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Reiki Healing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone has a reiki treatment?

For any one that doesnt know what it is

You relax, fully clothed, on a couch or seated while the healer holds his hands on or above you. A treatment can last an hour or longer depending on the treatment required. In the western world many practitioners use the standard hand positions and commonly a full treatment is given covering all the important organs of the body.
There is no pressure on the body making it ideal for treating all ages and conditions, sometimes hands are even held away from the body. The energy flows wherever it is required (spiritually guided) and can normally be felt as a warm sensation or tingling in the body. Receiving Reiki is a very relaxing and soothing experience!

I went to a friends house last night as Ive been suffering from back pain, problems with personal life & also a colleague passed away on Monday. She offered to do a treatment. It was unlike anything I have ever experienced before!
As she put her hands on my head I felt physically exhausted- to the point I fell asleep! Then she put her hands on my stomuch & it was so weird- I felt like I couldnt breathe. She then did my knees & I felt really hot & clammy- she later explained that the knees are the centre of your emotion output or something & the reaction of being hot said that I had lots going on with my emotions. She also explained that she feels the energy given off & at that point she her mind went black....

As some of you know I have had trouble sleeping- usually getting to sleep about 2am but last night I was out on the by 10.30 & had a really deep sleep.

Has anyone else had this treatment

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's utter cod-shit. Don't waste your money by paying anyone for it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Reiki, like many forms of alternative therapy, achieves 'results' largely by psychological means. A systematic review of randomised clinical trials conducted in 2008 did not support the efficacy of reiki nor did it recommend it for use in the treatment of any condition. But if it makes you feel better and more relaxed, go for it .. but don't expect true miracles.