Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

is coke over rated?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i wanna try it but am put off by the cost..and people say it doesnt last long. my mates tried it and said it was crap..

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Paying £40 a gram for 90% cut coke is absolutely scandalous.

It's ridiculously overpriced for what it is - better off saving your £40 in my opinion!
    oh god...can u not buy like 2 lines worth lol? why does it have to be bought in grams??
    Yup - completely overrated. I'm at a complete loss as to how people manage to get hooked on it. I've had some of the best stuff and some of the worst, but either way, I'd rather have MDMA.
    oh god...can u not buy like 2 lines worth lol? why does it have to be bought in grams??

Dealers will bag up into grams or eigth's (just over 3.5 grams). Divisions of an ounce, it's just the standard. It wouldn't be worth their time to sell two lines worth and to be honest the shite gear that goes around you can only get 3 or 4 decent lines from a gram anyway!

Best bet to try a friends that way it's free, or just steer clear. As above poster mentioned with mdma there's much more effective ways of spending your £40!
    I've done pure coke and that didn't impress me for more than five minutes.
    Speed did ...Mdma did ...heroin did and cannabis did but coke?
    As someone said ...how the hell dya get addicted to that?
    I'll tell yas ...it's the kind of drug that can make work seem a lot nicer but ...thats about it in my experience.
    The antique trade and motor trade as well finance ...coke driven.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    g_angel wrote: »
    Yup - completely overrated. I'm at a complete loss as to how people manage to get hooked on it. I've had some of the best stuff and some of the worst, but either way, I'd rather have MDMA.

Word.
    Weekender Offender 
    Coke is overrated. I would much rather do MDMA.... :)
    biggest load of balls i wouldnt waste my money of it

would sniff it if someone threw me out a line, naturally! but other than that, save your cash!
    z- wrote: »
    biggest load of balls i wouldnt waste my money of it

would sniff it if someone threw me out a line, naturally! but other than that, save your cash!

That's me..

I bought it once and didn't even end up taking more than one line.. it ended up lining the bottom of my pocket then in the bin.

Although another time I had some good fun with it but under the influence of some other funky gear.

Other than that I hate it unless it's free!
    Depends on the quality. Having said that, even the good stuff is pretty over-priced for how long it lasts.
    All that goes out the window when you're addicted though. It's worth every penny, and more. People say they don't understand how you can get hooked on it and that they'd much rather have MDMA. I used to say exactly the same, but Cocaine has something about it that's very, VERY moreish. It creeps up on you... the more you take, the nicer it becomes, and soon enough you'd rather have coke than any other drug out there.
    It's even more expensive in Australia, and the quality is much worse than what I was getting in the UK. Thank fuck I'm clean now.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Depends on the quality. Having said that, even the good stuff is pretty over-priced for how long it lasts.
    All that goes out the window when you're addicted though. It's worth every penny, and more. People say they don't understand how you can get hooked on it and that they'd much rather have MDMA. I used to say exactly the same, but Cocaine has something about it that's very, VERY moreish. It creeps up on you... the more you take, the nicer it becomes, and soon enough you'd rather have coke than any other drug out there.
    It's even more expensive in Australia, and the quality is much worse than what I was getting in the UK. Thank fuck I'm clean now.

Thing is, i've had a lot of it in the past (before it clicked what a sink hole for cash it is), and still don't understand how you can get hooked on it. It ain't all that, regardless how much I've had.

I guess it must come down to personality, and your control over yourself. I don't believe I could ever let a non-essential substance/belief (like religion) have control over me or my life, and so they won't.
    I don't believe I could ever let a non-essential substance/belief (like religion) have control over me or my life, and so they won't.

That covers a psychological addiction. What about substances with renowned physically addictive properties, like heroin? You may 'believe' it'll never control your life but when your body is clucking I'm sure beliefs and desire will clash!
    z0ma wrote: »
    That covers a psychological addiction. What about substances with renowned physically addictive properties, like heroin? You may 'believe' it'll never control your life but when your body is clucking I'm sure beliefs and desire will clash!

Aye, perhaps - it would be a titanic clash of mind and body, although I know that I am extremely unlikely put myself in the position of being involved with something known to be so destructive. Also, I certainly wouldn't class coke and heroin in anything like the same league when it comes to this, although I understand what you are saying.
    Aye, perhaps - it would be a titanic clash of mind and body, although I know that I am extremely unlikely put myself in the position of being involved with something known to be so destructive. Also, I certainly wouldn't class coke and heroin in anything like the same league when it comes to this, although I understand what you are saying.

Yeah totally, ratio of regular users who end up addicts must be a lot, lot higher for heroin than coke.

Think the vast majority of the population could go out and hammer the coke week in, week out and not feel it's controlling their life in any way. But some just have very addictive personalities. I know when my sister split from her long term boyfriend a couple of years ago she hit the coke big time and over the space of a couple of months racked up thousands in debt from ticking off her dealer.

She obviously has a very addictive personality and regular coke use combined with other emotions ended up an addiction. Never felt that close to it myself to be honest to feel I could get addicted.
    Exactly - must be a personality trait/defect. I am sure I saw something on TV or the internet about this a short while ago...

*ponders*

Don't have time for a massive search, but I can't find it at first glance.